+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Is anyone worried about our pass rush? I'm shocked at how poorly we're performing...

We are getting zero pressure for the second straight week.

Every season we always take a guess on how many sacks we will amount and each year it's a ridiculous high number because of the talent on the line... where is Tuck? Osi? Tracy?

I'm a little worried.... if we cannot generate a pass rush our back end will need to perform much much better.

Teams are scoring at will against us.

Tryon is STILL on the field....
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

The pass rush will come. This happens every once in a while; the rush disappears for a game or two. I think it part of game-planning. They turn it on when the want to.

I like the fact that the O-line did open up some holes for Brown. Yes, he found the holes but at least they were there.

Veteran
    Between the unlimited offensive holding and QB's just getting better (overall leaguewide), it is going to suffer.

I see at least one player apply pressure on the QB a good amount of times but there's rarely anyone else there to take advantage of it and then cause the sack.

Quite frankly, I could care less about sacks as long as the pressure is good enough to cause constant incompletions or a few more interceptions.

During the DAL game the lack of rush was b/c of game planning (i.e. romo got rid of the ball very quickly) and Romo getting outside the pocket when the DL lost their rush lanes (which happended alot). The problem was that the coverage was so bad that what would normally be a 5 yard quick slant turned into 10-15 gains everytime.

TB was more of a concern for me. Freeman is a statue, so the DL had more freedom in how they rushed, and Freeman held the ball for quite a bit, especially at the end of the game, and there still wasn't much of a rush, even when we blitzed.

The Tryon helmet catch only happens because Freeman had an eternity in the pocket. Osi and Tuck were not winning their 1 on 1 battles.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I see at least one player apply pressure on the QB a good amount of times but there's rarely anyone else there to take advantage of it and then cause the sack.

Quite frankly, I could care less about sacks as long as the pressure is good enough to cause constant incompletions or a few more interceptions.
    As long as they get their hands up, Interrupt the passing lanes, QB contain, and push the line hurrying up the QB. then sacks are nice, but not necessary.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Well Tracy hasent played. But I think its time for Tracy and Ojomo to get some snaps. Osi and Tuck dont have a QB hit between them

Banned
    Where's Spags when you need him!

We are not rushing more that 4 and the league has reverted to 1970's holding rules

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    We are not rushing more that 4 and the league has reverted to 1970's holding rules
    Silly Excuses...other teams do it and succeed.