+ Reply to Thread
    Starter

Question about David Wilson playin time

Do u guys think he will get any carries since Bradshaw is out? I feel we should give the guy some playin time, I mean Bradshaw is out and we did draft him first round. I'd like to see something from him besides that 1 carrie for a fumble haha. So u guys think he is gonna get some time? Cause I don't think he touched the field as a running back during the Bucs game

In his limited playing time, he hasn't impressed. But with Bradshaw, we'll have no choice but to give him carries. Hopefully Brown could repeat his Week 2 performance and Wilson could contribute. Who knows? Maybe we could get a little something out of Da'Rel Scott. He's got speed.

He played i think one snap maybe two on offense. Eli threw the ball like 7 yards to him and he couldn't catch it.

All-Pro
    You know as a rookie Nicks did not start. I think a lot of people have high expectations for him but I'm not surprised at his limited playing time. He will be fine and he will get his chance. Look at Barden. They have not given up on him. He even has a chance now to prove himself with Manningham gone and Hixon injured.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    You know as a rookie Nicks did not start. I think a lot of people have high expectations for him but I'm not surprised at his limited playing time. He will be fine and he will get his chance. Look at Barden. They have not given up on him. He even has a chance now to prove himself with Manningham gone and Hixon injured.
    Yea I know most of our first picks won't start as a rookie, and they sit the bench no matter who they are usually. I mean we don't use them unless we really need them. And Brown did do good but I feel maybe it would be a good chance for wilson but I'm not gonna be surprised if he doesn't get any playin time just figured it would be good with Bradshaw out. And @ Buddy333 now I also do remember that play were Eli hit him while wide open right in the Hands and he dropped it

TC will do as he has done with every offensive rookie who was worth a damn. He will get a few carries early on and be more integrated by late season.

The only rookie to start day 1 under TC is Chris Snee.

Everyone else, even Hakeem Nicks who was playing a position of great needs in 2009 , his rookie year, was given a few simple play touches early in the season and has his role grow in the offense late in the year.

I doubt TC will change a working formula.

All-Pro
    It's just the way TC is. His hand was forced some last season and a lot in 07 due to injuries. Almost that whole draft class in 07 contributed in some way to that SB win. He just hates putting that amount of trust in the hands of rookies. Period. It's not wrong, it's not right, it's just TC. We all know this about him so I don't know why people around here act surprised when he benches or just plain doesn't play a rookie.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

If I remember correctly JPP didn't play much in 2010 either...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

TC said in his interview that he will get some more carries this game. I think that Wilson is fresh and with his cut back ability may be the perfect thing for the Panther's D. He will be a very nice option!

Starter
    Col Tom is only gonna play Wilson for a few plays in certain situations...doensn't trust him yet. But with Bradshaw out Scott should get a few carries