+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: trick plays

  1. #1
    Starter bbdynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    271

    trick plays

    Thats what carolina has. A whole lot of creative fakes. At about 2:25 left in the 2nd quarter, cam faked a screen pass, and handed it off to the WR on the end around instead, very deceptive in its execution. also there were a few double fake runs and such. If we do our homework and are aware of these types of plays, i think our chances look good

  2. #2
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24
    The thing about the trick plays, is that we barely run the same trick play, that bubble screen endaround was the 1st I seen it... We run a lot of trick plays that are similar in the sense of the read option and triple option plays we run during the game... It is hard to defend. But the Giants have the Dline to get penetration to disrupt a few of those plays, hence the Bucs....... But if we get it to the outside it can be hard to stop.....

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,068
    I say KG should dig into his bag of tricks and pull out a flea flicker.

  4. #4
    You can't prepare for trick plays, if you could, they wouldn't be worth using.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    I say KG should dig into his bag of tricks and pull out a flea flicker.
    how about Perry fewel digs into his bag of tricks and pulls out a pass rush and a secondary

  6. #6
    Veteran mike kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    1,420
    KG is going to reach in that bag and pull out a few draw plays.
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers527 View Post
    The thing about the trick plays, is that we barely run the same trick play, that bubble screen endaround was the 1st I seen it... We run a lot of trick plays that are similar in the sense of the read option and triple option plays we run during the game... It is hard to defend. But the Giants have the Dline to get penetration to disrupt a few of those plays, hence the Bucs....... But if we get it to the outside it can be hard to stop.....
    My favorite trick play is when JPP turns a QB into a pretzel..I think Cam will learn a valuable lesson from this trick

  8. #8
    Starter nygfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    how about Perry fewel digs into his bag of tricks and pulls out a pass rush and a secondary
    lmao..this made me laugh for a few minutes. Thanks! lol

  9. #9
    We don't need trick plays, we have an elite QB...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  10. #10
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,350
    Disciplined Defense is the only way you can play these effectively.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts