+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

whos going to be the QB SPY THIS WEEK?

...usually one of the linebackers but none of them are quick enough to get cam, maybe boley but he has a bad leg doesnt he??? maybe put will hill out their?? and put rolle at the nickle corner, or maybe hosley spy on him but he is too small to tackle him??? soo im thinking rolle maybe?? hill maybe?? or boley?? who will spy ?? kiwi?? how about osi at outside linebacker?!?!? would be awesome have him on the spy he does run a 4.5 40 he could run him down the main game plan is too stop cam.

no one spies with one player

that would defeat the purpose of a spy

Cam will be many different players responsibility on many different plays for sure

and at times won't be spied at all and will be the responsibility of inside and outside contain

so lane and gap responsibility is of utmost importance
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 09-19-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew22 View Post
    ...usually one of the linebackers but none of them are quick enough to get cam, maybe boley but he has a bad leg doesnt he??? maybe put will hill out their?? and put rolle at the nickle corner, or maybe hosley spy on him but he is too small to tackle him??? soo im thinking rolle maybe?? hill maybe?? or boley?? who will spy ?? kiwi?? how about osi at outside linebacker?!?!? would be awesome have him on the spy he does run a 4.5 40 he could run him down the main game plan is too stop cam.
    If any of the linebackers would it most likely would be J Will, but as YA said it will be a combination of players and sometimes none at all. If the D-line gets pressure and can break through the line often, then most likely you'll see a spy or two since Cam will get happy feet and have more of a penchant to run. If the D-line gets no pressure then it'll be more on the secondary and linebackers to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

Cam will be many different players responsibility on many different plays for sure
    Exactly, the best defense for an athletic QB like Cam is to keep him in the pocket. Easier said than done, but the d-line has to stay in their lanes. Executing their assignments and technique will be very important for the d-line this week.
    The one player I could see having the assignment to eye Cam Newton on some plays is Jacquian Williams.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Exactly, the best defense for an athletic QB like Cam is to keep him in the pocket. Easier said than done, but the d-line has to stay in their lanes. Executing their assignments and technique will be very important for the d-line this week.
    The one player I could see having the assignment to eye Cam Newton on some plays is Jacquian Williams.
    Unfortunately, in order for the containment aspect to work the defensive backs will have to cover like a blanket. Hopefully the D-Line can crush the pocket and keep Newton in the pocket as it collapses. As you said the line will have to stay in their lanes and get that push.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Unfortunately, in order for the containment aspect to work the defensive backs will have to cover like a blanket. Hopefully the D-Line can crush the pocket and keep Newton in the pocket as it collapses. As you said the line will have to stay in their lanes and get that push.
    Even pushing the pocket Cam has enough athleticism to get outside the tackles. It will be a huge challenge for the defense this week. We saw week one what can happen when you lose containement and let the qb have a few extra seconds to make a throw.

Giants fan since the early 80s

DE's are gonna have to stay outside the tackles, maybe play Rolle in that hybrid S/LB position we saw a lot of last year. When our defense gets the chance to hit him, make sure its violent(not in a injury way). Our D-line is really gonna need to step up this game. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY NIGHT!!!
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

and at times won't be spied at all and will be the responsibility of inside and outside contain

so lane and gap responsibility is of utmost importance
    School em YA. You hit the nail on the head. You stand around spying a man that threw for 4000 yards a year ago and end up being a victim of a 400 yard game. I'm pretty sure the Carolina coaches saw Freeman airing it out on Sunday. Carolina's gameplan might be to keep Cam in the pocket with some dink and dunk passes, a few bombs to Smitty and Lafell, get us to overpursue and then release Cam in the 4th quarter when the defense is gassed with some option plays and screens.

i know our d can reach a much higher level of play. i just dont see it being this thur. night vs carolina.

i believe we will win in somewhat of a shootout. our offense should continue from that 2nd half vs TB. We just need our defense to make one or two key stops to ensure we score more than them with eli leading the O. And with 44 not playing, I expect us to pass the rock a lot and use Brown/Wilson after we've set their d up.
    with vick, who is as fast as cam i'd say if not quicker, we used jwill to spy on a lot of snaps. i suspect it'd be him, and a wildcard in this, Rivers if he is active. He most def has the athleticism needed to spy/contain cam

Banned
    well the d-line if you asked me has been terrible not even a lot of jpp yet and absolutely none of osi or tuck, cuz all they do is rush 4 and we are good enough to rush 4 it just has been absent, idk whats wrong, but i think this game your going to have to blitz newton or he is going to kill us