+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Giants Offense !

As good as they can be at times and explosive and all that. PS I am not being a complainer.

But when you watch games it seems like we struggle for any consistency on offense and rely on huge plays.

Maybe this will rub ppl the wrong way and I am not trying to do that but I would like to see some balance and consistency. maybe that has to do with the running game being so off.

Brown did impress me, he made our run game actually look solid. Plus he caught a pass pretty good on a play. I thought he was really good. Maybe he can give us a steady dose and solid runs to give us more balance.

Good points..
    Part of that for me is knowing how good they can be and seeing to many 3 and outs or blow 3rd down plays. What really gets me is they'll go like 60 yards then mess up and eith have to punt or kick for 3. I guess thats part of being a fan as we dissect every play, and uneccessarly at times, break it down until we are freaking out....lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think one of the things that I hear the most is people being frustrated that we don't run the ball consistantly like we used to do. News flash Giants Fans...we aren't the 80s and 90s Giants anymore. We don't line up and run the ball down your throat with a power line and monster fullback. Watching last weeks game, the majority of our plays were run from the shotgun and we got most of our running yards off of draw plays (either from under center or shotgun). It's who we are...we throw the ball consistantly well and the run is an after thought. I understand the importance of a balanced attack but the 2012 Giants are going to be a pass first team if they want to win.

Veteran
    Yeah I suppose. Last year we lived off of huge plays and that can catch up to you and burn you as well. Look at Jets game last year, defining moment Cryz going for 99 yard td or whatever it was. We were at our endzone and the throw at most should have yielded a firstdown. He made it into a monster play and we know the result. But just think if he didnt make that super super play ?. Could have we grinded out a 90 + yard td drive which would mean consistent play after play. ? This is my only concern. All I am saying is it would be nice to see that we dont live off big play.

Veteran
    There will be times where you cant just air it out and throw 20 yards down field. Also living by the pass means Eli taking tons of hits as well. The run is still needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    There will be times where you cant just air it out and throw 20 yards down field. Also living by the pass means Eli taking tons of hits as well. The run is still needed.
    No doubt the run is a requirement in the game but the reality is that NY is a passing team now and it's what they are good at. I'm not saying throw a bomb every play but Eli knows how to work the ball down the field and we keep stocking the team with playmakers at WR and TE and looking for RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield. When was the last time you saw the Giants make a serious attempt to draft top-notch run blocking lineman...it's been years.

As good as they can be at times and explosive and all that. PS I am not being a complainer.

But when you watch games it seems like we struggle for any consistency on offense and rely on huge plays.

Maybe this will rub ppl the wrong way and I am not trying to do that but I would like to see some balance and consistency. maybe that has to do with the running game being so off.

Brown did impress me, he made our run game actually look solid. Plus he caught a pass pretty good on a play. I thought he was really good. Maybe he can give us a steady dose and solid runs to give us more balance.
    Guy! We haven't been able to run the ball consistently. Unless you're gonna go teach these guys how to run block we have to take what we can get.

One thing I will say is that when we're facing teams with a passrush that we can't block I wish the offense had more high percentage passing so that Eli doesn't have to get knocked around trying to his guys 30 yards down field.

I totally agree and it's really been our sputtering running game that's the culprit. Once we started actually running the ball last Sunday (with Brown) our pass game totally opened up.

That's a balanced offense for you

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Chief1976 View Post
    No doubt the run is a requirement in the game but the reality is that NY is a passing team now and it's what they are good at. I'm not saying throw a bomb every play but Eli knows how to work the ball down the field and we keep stocking the team with playmakers at WR and TE and looking for RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield. When was the last time you saw the Giants make a serious attempt to draft top-notch run blocking lineman...it's been years.
    Well drafting next too last in 1st round wont yield a Toni Boseli type.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Guy! We haven't been able to run the ball consistently. Unless you're gonna go teach these guys how to run block we have to take what we can get.

One thing I will say is that when we're facing teams with a passrush that we can't block I wish the offense had more high percentage passing so that Eli doesn't have to get knocked around trying to his guys 30 yards down field.
    I agree, so many teams dump off to RB , or the flats or swing passes etc. We are a down field low % type passing offense. As long as it gets superbowls who are we to critcizie