+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

2 plays to remove from the Giants game plan

1 . The WR screen, I am tired of seeing this play net 0 yards or Int's and or in-completions. It rarely works yet we try it 3 times a game.

on Defense dropping Tuck into coverage ? man I laugh at this. Is Fewel out of it ?. Most of our corners cant cover and he is expecting Tuck to get an int or deflection or slow someone down ? thats right remove a passrusher and rush 3 and drop him in coverage somewhere ? good plan and how many times in 2 years has he done this ? and what has the result been ?

2 Stop dropping DE's into coverage and rush 3.

Thanks

Disagree about the bubble screen (although I'd love to see more classic screens). We've had success with those in the pass and it forces defenses to play man-press if it's successful which our receivers eat up. So even though the play itself might not net a bunch of yards, it does setup some big plays later.

Totally agree about dropping a DE into coverage and only rushing three. We seem to rush three less, but that zone blitz is killing me (and our D).

a bubble screen to Cruz is a reasonable play .... he's slippery and can take it to the house, now obviously it's going to work much better vs. the blitz and even then Cruz will have to elude a couple guys, but if he does look out

since we havent been able to win 1 v 1 battles in our pass rush (aside from JPP, who is getting the most attn), we are trying to adjust and dont expect the zone blitz to go away this week, since we may drop a DE as a spy on occasion

however, if/when Tuck and Osi hit their stride and maybe we get a few offensive holding calls our way, then things can/will change up front
    Apologize to Melo 5

totally disagree on both

1) that screen has produced big plays in the past for this team

2) every team drops d linemen into coverage on a zone blitz.

let me get this straight.....it was fine with you for Spagnuolo to drop Strahan, Tuck, or Osi into coverage but not ok for Fewell?
    it was fine for Belichick to drop George Martin or Leonard Marshall into coverage but not ok for Fewewll?
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 09-19-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    totally disagree on both

let me get this straight.....it was fine with you for Spagnuolo to drop Strahan, Tuck, or Osi into coverage but not ok for Fewell?
    it was fine for Belichick to drop George Martin or Leonard Marshall into coverage but not ok for Fewewll?
    Exactamondo . . . . .

totally disagree on both

But Strahan has a pick 6 to his credit. I think George Martin does too.

When Tuck drops into coverage its like a guaranteed completion. How many career passes defensed does Tuck have?

I don't see a problem with droping lineman philisopically, but it doesn't seem to work with our current personel.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    But Strahan has a pick 6 to his credit. I think George Martin does too.

When Tuck drops into coverage its like a guaranteed completion. How many career passes defensed does Tuck have?

I don't see a problem with droping lineman philisopically, but it doesn't seem to work with our current personel.
    ok.....when a D coordinator drops a lineman into coverage he is not thinking pick 6

he is thinking fill a zone unexpectedly so the QB looks elsewhere and if he throws at you and you make a play.....bonus

and the time he takes to make that extra read hopefully allows the blitzer to apply pressure

You know whats funny, I saw what the 49ers did with Manningham on the WR screen, and it worked perfectly. They also had him run a reverse and he got like 25 yards. Never worked for us. I think it is just KG. Honestly, screens of anytype dont seem to work. When was the last time a reverse with a WR worked?

Im tired of the shotgun draw to be honest. I call it from my couch every game. If we pass on first down and it is incomplete, 95% of the time it is the shotgun draw next.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

ok.....when a D coordinator drops a lineman into coverage he is not thinking pick 6

he is thinking fill a zone unexpectedly so the QB looks elsewhere and if he throws at you and you make a play.....bonus

and the time he takes to make that extra read hopefully allows the blitzer to apply pressure
    I agree something like a pick 6 from a lineman is a total bonus. I'm just saying we haven't really seen anything from our current squad to justify dropping tuck as often as we do other than the fact that Tuck can't get anywhere near the QB as a passrusher. Which to me says that he should be dropped to the bench..not into coverage.

Romove those stupid audibles East/West turbo. Everyone and their mother knows what play is coming when Eli calls that out.

Having said that, I don't remember hearing it in the Bucs game, so maybe they finally tossed it. ...doubt it..