+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not That Many Balls To Go Around

I notice the consistent hate that Barden & Jernigen receives from some board members and I wonder why so many people complain. The giants have always been a run first team, but the decline of the running game along with the emergence of Eli'te Manning, many fans on the board desperately want to see this team become a pass first high octane offense. This leads to people talking down on the 4&5 receivers on the depth chart. Now mind you, big blue features 2 of the most dynamic receivers in the league today with NIcks & Cruz, and yet people still act as if the 4th & 5th string receivers are big letdowns. The starters wideouts combined for 378 yards against the Bucs setting milestones. Bennent also had a nice game with 5 catches for 74 yards. With 26 receptions between the 3, they captured the bulk of of the 510 passing yard from Eli.

Now my question is what does JJ12 have to do to get some love on this board. It is only his what, the beginning of his second year in the NFL. He has not received an opportunity to shine on this level. Barden is finally starting a season healthy and made a reception Sunday against the bucs. I remember Cruz being thrown under the bus before that breakout game against the Eagles. He stepped up when MM82 was hurt, and when Mario came back, they had the 3 headed monster thing going on to help win it all.

There aren't that many balls to go around for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post
    I notice the consistent hate that Barden & Jernigen receives from some board members and I wonder why so many people complain. The giants have always been a run first team, but the decline of the running game along with the emergence of Eli'te Manning, many fans on the board desperately want to see this team become a pass first high octane offense. This leads to people talking down on the 4&5 receivers on the depth chart. Now mind you, big blue features 2 of the most dynamic receivers in the league today with NIcks & Cruz, and yet people still act as if the 4th & 5th string receivers are big letdowns. The starters wideouts combined for 378 yards against the Bucs setting milestones. Bennent also had a nice game with 5 catches for 74 yards. With 26 receptions between the 3, they captured the bulk of of the 510 passing yard from Eli.

Now my question is what does JJ12 have to do to get some love on this board. It is only his what, the beginning of his second year in the NFL. He has not received an opportunity to shine on this level. Barden is finally starting a season healthy and made a reception Sunday against the bucs. I remember Cruz being thrown under the bus before that breakout game against the Eagles. He stepped up when MM82 was hurt, and when Mario came back, they had the 3 headed monster thing going on to help win it all.

There aren't that many balls to go around for everybody.
    MMm...not quite sure what you're talking about. You want accolades for players who haven't earned any?

You mentioned Cruz so you are familiar with how this works. Cruz had a great preseason game then was IRed and pretty much no one had anything to say about him until he started doing something.

Barden has had his opportunities and no one cares if you're injured. Once he does something everyone will love him.

Same thing with JJ. I mean we're all pulling for him. No one is hating him its just he hasn't done anything. When he does there'll be 100 threads about how great he is.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    MMm...not quite sure what you're talking about. You want accolades for players who haven't earned any?

You mentioned Cruz so you are familiar with how this works. Cruz had a great preseason game then was IRed and pretty much no one had anything to say about him until he started doing something.

Barden has had his opportunities and no one cares if you're injured. Once he does something everyone will love him.

Same thing with JJ. I mean we're all pulling for him. No one is hating him its just he hasn't done anything. When he does there'll be 100 threads about how great he is.
    I'm not wanting accolades, I am stating how people bash the players who have not yet earned an opportunity. You are not one of them, but there are people on this board who bash JJ as if he is a bust.

I totally agree with you. Barden and JJ have NOT gotten their chance to shine yet. Look at Andre Brown. Many on this board wanted him cut, but he got the chance to show what he's made of on Sunday. We all know in every walk of life...you can't prove yourself unless you get a chance. I think both these players will step up given the opportunity. So will David Wilson before too long.

yeah i dunno why the vitriol for barden is as high as it is considering he's contributing and healthy. i've seen ppl say he cannot get open at all and i have to wonder what they were watching on the two targets he had vs TB when he got completely wide open.

Nicks n Cruz are gonna always be the first 2 options (almost always) then bennett etc. this will be bardens best shot yet and i bet he has a good game. hes got mre work with eli this preseason and season than the rest of his career combined

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post
    I'm not wanting accolades, I am stating how people bash the players who have not yet earned an opportunity. You are not one of them, but there are people on this board who bash JJ as if he is a bust.
    Not me.... I have been an ardent defender of JJ...Have to admit I defended Baden his first couple years....you can't prove anything if you don't get the chance...when you have people of the caliber that the giants have....there won't be many chances...Unfortunately.....too many people mistake not given a chance with.... he sucks
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

still too early to judge JJ. But this is Barden 4th season and he hasnt done anything. He now has a real shot and hopefully he has a great game which will propel him to having a good season.

Barden has had 4 years, he has played hundreds of snaps. He has done absolutely nothing.

Jernigan is a different scenario, he was a utility player in college, did not know how to run routes, and he did not have an offseason his rookie year either.

If in 3-4 years Jernigan still has not done anything, then I will not think he has potential either

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Barden has had 4 years, he has played hundreds of snaps. He has done absolutely nothing.

Jernigan is a different scenario, he was a utility player in college, did not know how to run routes, and he did not have an offseason his rookie year either.

If in 3-4 years Jernigan still has not done anything, then I will not think he has potential either
    couldn't agree more, these guys act as if Jernigan has been here for 3 years and has shown nothing. The kid had no off-season program last year and a shortened training camp. The kid hasn't even had a chance to showcase his skills yet, I think he was thrown the ball twice all last year. This Kid is dangerous with the ball in his hands, he fast and shifty like DJAX. If after 2 or 3 years he shows nothing I will gladly eat crow.

The problem is Jernigan was drafted to play the slot before we knew we had a great slot WR in Cruz.

I was sure this was a Harooni thread when I first saw the title.