+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't see how we win tomorrow if Tuck and Osi have 0 sacks again

Newton is a dangerous explosive player and if those 2 don't show up again,I can guarantee Newton will put fireworks on the scoreboard.Given Nicks is out,Cruz likely is doubled and contained to a degree,the offense is not gona be as potent.If the pocket doesn't collapse on Newton he will be running and passing all over the place.You saw what Newton did to Spags and our d is not that different in scheme vs the Saints - Spags d.So if the rushers don't do the job expect a 2 - 3 td defeat.If they show up and at least collapse the pockets expect a close win.

They have to show up for us to win...period.

I would like to see Hosley on Smith,as I feel he can matchup on size and run with him.He will not stop him but can limit him.

All-Pro
    The main issue is the reject replacement refs decided they were not going to call any holding. Therefore it's twice as hard to reach a QB before he releases the ball
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I really don't care about the sacks even though that will be nice I just want them to contain him and keep him from running all over us.

These are the types of game we seem to find a way to win. I think a great deal will depend on the front four defensively and who they pick to spy Newton.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    The main issue is the reject replacement refs decided they were not going to call any holding. Therefore it's twice as hard to reach a QB before he releases the ball
    I know man this bs with the refs is starting to get annoying I think it is really having a major effect on our pass rush mentally and physically.

Osi and Tuck having 0 sacks in both games has certaintly not helped.All the pressure has been on JPP to do the job.But that has to change and quickly and he needs some help from Osi and Tuck to completely dominate at the line of scrimmage.You know that our secondary is not the best and with Tuck and Osi providing 0 sacks,those are the results.Results = 34 pts to a horrible bucs offense.That is a serious concern.

Rivers being back is huge and he can help spy on Newton and run with him if he escapes the pocket.

Fewell's D is much different from Spags,his scheme is more predicated on confusing the qb than pressure, also if they have 0 sacks, but keep contain, I see that being the dominant way to win, Tampa played a sound D against Cam and thats how they beat them , Dont let him loose in the 2nd level make him a one dimensional qb and force mistakes. Thats not to say I wouldnt mind seeing 4-5 sacks, but a sound win is more important than their individual stats int his brutal schedule.