+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

prince is back...yay?

so everyones been complaining that our defense is porous. i just dont get it.i know we gave up some big plays, but with prince back, we should be ok, right? hes not a top shutdown corner, but nobody can tell me he won't be better then tryon. cweb has gotten beat a few times big, but im confident he can handle steve smith with safety help(and still get beat once or twice which is ok) but who else do they have? a lb on olsen, and i feel prince or coe can handle lafelle. why does everyone think this will be high scoring affair? i think with the short practice week, and using backups, itll be low scoring on both sides. eli will struggle hitting our backups, and our d should be able to stall their o. whose with me?

Bench Player
    Prince is fast and can play, cuz he has good ball skills. But whenever you have to move guys around, you wonder if communication will be a problem. Hope everyone did their homework. I am a Prince fan. I cheered for the pick at Met Life at the draft party last year. I've been pulling for him since then. Can't wait toll he truly gets it.

Getting Prince back is huge!! Hopefully Tryon never steps foot on the field. Cwebb, Hosley and Prince can get it done. Smitty isn't 100% so that should help. We gotta stop the run that is what makes them tick. Make Cam pass stop the run game and we should be golden.

He will need to get up to speed and he isnt exactly a seasoned vet. he has a lot to learn still. So while its great news do not expect him to make a huge impact right away.

As long as Tyron isn't out there.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    As long as Tyron isn't out there.
    So true, I like Tyron as a person but he is really struggling. Prince himself is a good asset to have back but the fact that he's keeping Tyron off is the best part of this situation.

All-Pro
    I have a feeling that he may not be up to speed and this board will blow up on the guy. I am glad he will play this week because at some point he has to shake off the rust. They will need him for the long haul.

Starter
    Don't think it'll be peaches and cream for Prince. Most cornerbacks have a tough time when they start out...especially if they've got to deal with Steve Smith, but he's got to stay on the field to learn and get better

Keith Rivers and Prince should be big helps to our defense.. I hope Rivers is as crazed and active as he was during the Dallas game before the injury..

Quote Originally Posted by jpmetrick View Post
    so everyones been complaining that our defense is porous. i just dont get it.i know we gave up some big plays, but with prince back, we should be ok, right? hes not a top shutdown corner, but nobody can tell me he won't be better then tryon. cweb has gotten beat a few times big, but im confident he can handle steve smith with safety help(and still get beat once or twice which is ok) but who else do they have? a lb on olsen, and i feel prince or coe can handle lafelle. why does everyone think this will be high scoring affair? i think with the short practice week, and using backups, itll be low scoring on both sides. eli will struggle hitting our backups, and our d should be able to stall their o. whose with me?
    I think the secondary needs to be more aggressive, and that's a scheme thing. Frankly, the Giants have been hit for some big plays, but often, the coverage is there. But allowing the receivers to run loose without contesting them at the line of scrimmage has resulted in some problems, because the rush hasn't gotten to the QB.