+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Time for Ramses Barden to Shine

Time for that big body to go out there and just overpower, out-reach, and just flat out out-play those carolina corners. I say throw the same passes you were throwing to Nicks. one-on-one and give Barden a shot to make a play. OK that is a little bravado talking. Maybe not too smart. Barden isn't near the receiver Nicks is. But it sure is time for barden to show what he's got. It might be his last chance. I know his family would like to see him earn a nice contract for next year too.

Barden has always played in spots. When the situation arises to get him on the field, that is when he played. Running Nicks plays through him is a stretch. I believe it will be the same. Barden will probably get an expanded role but I believe they will alternate a lot. Unfortunately, he will not get too many chances if there is any mishaps. Short leash! I believe he can be productive but I don't know about every down receiver.

Starter
    If Barden doesn't step up and catch the damn ball tomorrow he's gonna slide down the chart and wont get as many chances unless we get more injuries (what's the chance of that happening.)

Barden's got another golden opp in front of him.. I'm actually hoping to see Jerrell in the slot tommorow some and possibly use his speed ala steve smith on the outside for a deep one or 2...

Martellus Bennett must pile up the numbers as well..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Barden's got another golden opp in front of him.. I'm actually hoping to see Jerrell in the slot tommorow some and possibly use his speed ala steve smith on the outside for a deep one or 2...

Martellus Bennett must pile up the numbers as well..
    This. This could be Barden's make or break game. If he doesn't contribute the Giants will probably be more apt to cut him in the offseason. He probably doesn't need to be a gambreaker but show some ability. The opportunity is now there for him.

I think everyone would agree that this is Barden's chance to show what he has. He is healthy he had a good preseason and got plenty of snaps last week. He's a Giant's draft pick and I hope he does well, I've been rooting for him all preseason (of course I like the underdog).