+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big question...

Big question...

If Andre Brown has a huuge game tonight, for example, 23 carries 120 yards, 2TDs or something like that.....does he become the starter on this team?

I know everyone will try to give the same answer about what a "starter" is and how meaningless that term is and all that stuff.....but what I'm asking is, does he become what Bradshaw was before he got injured (even if Ahmad comes back healthy)

All-Pro
    No.

Starter
    No.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    If Andre Brown has a huuge game tonight, for example, 23 carries 120 yards, 2TDs or something like that.....does he become the starter on this team?

I know everyone will try to give the same answer about what a "starter" is and how meaningless that term is and all that stuff.....but what I'm asking is, does he become what Bradshaw was before he got injured (even if Ahmad comes back healthy)
    He may not be named starter but it is not out of the question that this situation can sort of resemble when the Giants had Joe Morris and OJ Anderson and Rouson/Carthon as the third down guy. It is also similar to the 1990-91 and 1991-92 seasons when they had OJ, Hampton and Meggett. Of course Bradshaw, Brown and Wilson are a far cry from those particlar players but it could become a very similar situation to both examples mentioned. Could also be similar to 2008, Ward, Jacobs & Bradshaw. At the end of the day though it falls on the shoulders of the O-line to elevate their run blocking as a unit.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 09-20-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

I see Brown filling in the old Jacobs role. He's a lot younger, and not afraid to hit the hole when it actually does appear. He's more like a 2008 Jacobs IMO...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I see Brown filling in the old Jacobs role. He's a lot younger, and not afraid to hit the hole when it actually does appear. He's more like a 2008 Jacobs IMO...
    We've been missing that guy who can pound the ball in on 1st and goal, I used to love Jacobs for picking up those tough short yards. Jacobs could get tackled at the LOS and pick up 3-5 yards while falling down.

Seriously, as much as I love Bradshaw, he could lose the starting job before this season is over. I don't believe Reese picked a RB in the first round simply for "depth". And I'm not saying that job is reserved for Wilson necessarily. Bradshaw's days as a starter are numbered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    If Andre Brown has a huuge game tonight, for example, 23 carries 120 yards, 2TDs or something like that.....does he become the starter on this team? I know everyone will try to give the same answer about what a "starter" is and how meaningless that term is and all that stuff.....but what I'm asking is, does he become what Bradshaw was before he got injured (even if Ahmad comes back healthy)
    They will continue to share the load
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I think Diehl is the one in jeopardy of losing his job the most when it comes to our recently injured players.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Seriously, as much as I love Bradshaw, he could lose the starting job before this season is over. I don't believe Reese picked a RB in the first round simply for "depth". And I'm not saying that job is reserved for Wilson necessarily. Bradshaw's days as a starter are numbered.
    As much as I love Bradshaw and still think he's amazing and we should definitely keep him, I have to agree with this. I don't think anyone could argue that his best days are ahead of him.