+ Reply to Thread

Giants vs. Panthers: Guide to defending Cam Newton

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/20/...ng-cam-newton/

Excerpt: "
    The New York Giants have played some suspect defense over their first two regular season games. Big Blue has given up a staggering 740 yards of total offense since the start of the season, including an average of almost seven yards per play. The pass rush has been ineffective, Corey Webster has been a disaster, and the Giants do not have a viable second cornerback to speak of. With that, the Carolina Panthers are not going to make things any easier on the Big Blue tonight.

Cam Newton presents a nightmare matchup for the Giants. He has the accuracy to make throws from the pocket, the arm strength to stretch the field, and the speed to avoid the pass rush. The Giants do not have a secondary that is capable of holding down receivers against mobile quarterbacks who can extend plays, so there is reason for concern the Big Blue's defense will not hold up tonight.However, while Cam Newton's fan club is constantly growing with each performance, he is very beatable. The Giants are an experienced defense with a Super Bowl ring in their back pocket, it's not like the team has no chance. Let's take a look at a few things the Giants must do to stop Cam Newton and the Panthers in their tracks tonight." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Good article man, thanks RoanokeFan! I agree with a lot of things in this article for sure. Question I have is, will Rivers be able to play a whole game? Can our DE's, specifically Osi and Tuck, get pressure? Can Webster actually have a good game?

tackle, tackle, tackle ... he will get his yards, but dont let him get extra yards after contact
    Apologize to Melo 5

Yup, we lose that Dallas game in part to horrible tackeling! The other part was our CB's getting burned.. lol

Simple, you kick his M-Blepping Aaa. I know it's easier said than done, but that is what you have to do. This fool thinks he is Superman. I hope he knows the danger of Blue Kryptonite.

They seem to have a lot to say about Kenny Phillips... he's the only one in our secondary actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    They seem to have a lot to say about Kenny Phillips... he's the only one in our secondary actually doing anything.
    Not surprised. The giants safeties have been good, it's their corners that have been stinking up the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKiller View Post
    Not surprised. The giants safeties have been good, it's their corners that have been stinking up the stadium.
    I think it's the coach that should be dogged on. They know our corners are getting burnt a lot on streaks and post routes so you'd think they'd have a safety over the top more often then not.. Just my two cents..

Fewell needs to change things up with our corners and start having them jam receiver at the LOS and stop giving them a free release into the secondary and that would change the timing of the play and we'd all suddenly see a big improvement in our pass defense and a lot more pass rush would also help..

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Good article man, thanks RoanokeFan! I agree with a lot of things in this article for sure. Question I have is, will Rivers be able to play a whole game? Can our DE's, specifically Osi and Tuck, get pressure? Can Webster actually have a good game?
    Rivers can rotate with Williams
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1