Closed Thread
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Eli isn't an "Athlete"????

NFLN PBP man Mayock or whatever his name is [Not Nesslar] said Eli isn't an athlete, he's just a very good QB. When Eli ran that ball and only got a yard. I liked Nesslar's remark that "Well he was fast enough to beat those guys out to the sideline".

It's sad how today everyone thinks a guy is only good if he's "fast" when that's not the case at all. Being fast doesn't make you a better athlete than a slower guy. Dumb statement but there's tons of them being thrown out in every sports telecast daily.

I don't know which is which but 1 of them seems like a complete idiot. As if he was reading from a teleprompter full of wrong info. As much as I hate to say it I would rather have Aikmen and Buck or even Collinsworth.

Starter
    Mayock was a safety with the Giants and is not only a game analyst but a draft analyst for the NFL Network. Scary isn't it?

He's an idiot. Eli is a world class athlete. He may not be a gazelle but that doesn't define an athlete.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Mayock is one of the best in the business. I dont think he meant it as an insult. I think he was saying Eli is a pocket passer, which he is. Eli is not a scrambling QB, or a running QB.

Bench Player
    He's got a hard on for Cam Newton

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Mayock is one of the best in the business. I dont think he meant it as an insult. I think he was saying Eli is a pocket passer, which he is. Eli is not a scrambling QB, or a running QB.
    +1.. I could have sworn this was obvious

Agreed. This didn't seem to come off as an insult to me. I think he nicely put that the Eli was better than Cam within that same comment.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    +1 You hit the nail on the head there.

Quote Originally Posted by eLi MusT gO dEEp View Post
    NFLN PBP man Mayock or whatever his name is [Not Nesslar] said Eli isn't an athlete, he's just a very good QB. When Eli ran that ball and only got a yard. I liked Nesslar's remark that "Well he was fast enough to beat those guys out to the sideline".

It's sad how today everyone thinks a guy is only good if he's "fast" when that's not the case at all. Being fast doesn't make you a better athlete than a slower guy. Dumb statement but there's tons of them being thrown out in every sports telecast daily.

I think his point was that Eli doesn't try to win games with his legs.