+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Eli Over 1000 Yards After Three games

Just wanted to say how amazing it is to see him playing at such a high level, the cowboys game was a let down but he still played well, the other two games have been amazing! The game against the bucks was mind blowing, to be able to switch a performance completely around like that, and then last nights game, Barden has 100 plus yards and eclipses his numbers from last year in one game, the o line is constantly changing (again!), and a different running back and look at the results.

Now I know that we haven't played any of the best defenses in the league but Dallas has a good looking secondary this year and I only have high hopes going forward.

At this rate Eli has a chance to set new career highs and even challenge Bree's record, but I would be happy just watching him play at this level for the rest of the year! I think the Philly game next weekend will be really big, if we can win that game and start getting healthy I think that it would start to look like a really good season! The pass rush always takes some time to develop and with the linebackers we have now and just a little health in the secondary and I can see us going far!

Last thing I will say in this post but just imagine what Eli will be able to do this year with a running game, that was a big part of his successful passing night yesterday, the fact that the defense had to be very aware of the run. Just imagine the numbers that Eli can put up this year if Brown/Bradshaw/wilson can be a consistent threat running the ball!

He had a really inflated game 2 with 510 yards. If we can get the running-game going again (*cough Diehl* cough*) then he'd probably get as much as yards as he did yesterday's game.

I'd like to see him get less yards than 510 a game to be honest and be secured with a nice running game.

Veteran
    I can honestly say that I finally believe he is the best over all QB in football.
    That's not the homer in me either, it's just becoming more and more blatantly obvious with every game he plays. He's THAT good.

Can't wait to see what that moron Jason Whitlock will use as an excuse this week.

He has looked good in the pocket, and then getting out of it when he's in trouble. He has also nicer weapons this year. Barden looked good and so has Bennett.

Bench Player
    I don't know if I would call it an inflated game, it isn't like he was throwing the ball up in the air once we were winning or got big yards on dump offs or screen plays, he needed all of those 500+ yards to win and he made all the throws to get those yards.

I would agree with you 100% that I would prefer to have a consistent running game and to have Eli's numbers around 250 - 300 a game but I won't complain about the 500 yard game or that he is leading the league in passing yards. On one hand though I do think that having a productive running game will also help Eli's numbers (maybe not so much in terms of 500 yard games but in terms of higher accuracy and big plays) he has always been great at the play action and having the threat of the run will open up more passes. I think we have already seen that in the last two games this year.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I can honestly say that I finally believe he is the best over all QB in football.
    That's not the homer in me either, it's just becoming more and more blatantly obvious with every game he plays. He's THAT good.

Can't wait to see what that moron Jason Whitlock will use as an excuse this week.
    Yea and take the fact that Bennett has dropped two touchdowns and the dropped Beatty/missed Bradshaw td and Eli could easily have at least six tds maybe seven, and I think those things will just get better as they develop more chemistry, I have to say I am a Bennett lover, love his blocking, pass catching, to be honest I even love his interviews...go black unicorn go!

Quote Originally Posted by Dline83 View Post
    I don't know if I would call it an inflated game, it isn't like he was throwing the ball up in the air once we were winning or got big yards on dump offs or screen plays, he needed all of those 500+ yards to win and he made all the throws to get those yards.

I would agree with you 100% that I would prefer to have a consistent running game and to have Eli's numbers around 250 - 300 a game but I won't complain about the 500 yard game or that he is leading the league in passing yards. On one hand though I do think that having a productive running game will also help Eli's numbers (maybe not so much in terms of 500 yard games but in terms of higher accuracy and big plays) he has always been great at the play action and having the threat of the run will open up more passes. I think we have already seen that in the last two games this year.
    Not inflated I guess, but it was definitely a game the Giants probably could have kept the buccs offense going rather than scoring huge plays. With a better running, Eli's yards would be a lot lower.

I can't see Eli throwing up near 500 yards more than 1 more time this year.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Not inflated I guess, but it was definitely a game the Giants probably could have kept the buccs offense going rather than scoring huge plays. With a better running, Eli's yards would be a lot lower.

I can't see Eli throwing up near 500 yards more than 1 more time this year.
    I agree that the situations in that game dictated him having to throw the ball a lot and he would not have had those numbers if the game was different. That being said I can see him having another 500 yarder if he needed to, I just hope he doesn't need to. To me, he has the weapons and skill to thrown for 500 again I just hope we don't get in a game where we need him to.

One other little note Eli also is leading the league in throws over 20 yards and throws over 40 yards, just fun stuff to think about!
    Last edited by Dline83; 09-21-2012 at 10:02 AM.

That's some awesome news. I really think we could use the RB screens more often with Andre.

Veteran
    Funny that he has only been over 300 once but average is well over 300. I'm thinking there are many QB's out there who would've wanted to play longer to get over the 300 mark, get another TD...whatever...but I think the only stat he cares about is the W/L.