+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli Manning and our Offense... Eagles

Man I just hope that these guys bring this level of play right throught our next game. Im so sick of hearing the eagles fans talk about how we cant beat them... We should be considerably healthy too. Lets bust these dudes up!!!!!

amen

Quote Originally Posted by embeshAtYa View Post
    Man I just hope that these guys bring this level of play right throught our next game. Im so sick of hearing the eagles fans talk about how we cant beat them... We should be considerably healthy too. Lets bust these dudes up!!!!!
    +5000000

10 day rest and more time to research filthadelphia

BTW, I don't believe this has been mentioned yet, but I just love the way we went with the West Coast style offense early, with a multitude of 5 - 8 yard underneath patterns on first and second down-- to Cruz, Barden, Bennett and our fullback. The key last night, IMO, was that we consistently gained positive yardage on 1st down....and this has been missing the past several seasons when we always seem to rely on the 10+ yard pass and big play. Against teams with good pass rushes and quality secondaries, it is imperative that we establish the underneath patterns.
    Last edited by WEG313; 09-21-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Veteran
    The way they handled Cam last night makes me not so concerned about Vick. BTW...JPP may end up being the best DE to EVER play the game.

Veteran
    We need to be more effective in the end zone, I get annoyed when we keep getting field goals instead of touchdowns

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    The way they handled Cam last night makes me not so concerned about Vick. BTW...JPP may end up being the best DE to EVER play the game.
    The way it's scheduled, it's good to have Cam as a warmup for *****.

And I still maintain that when his career is said and done, JPP will have surpassed Taylor as the best pass rusher to ever play Football...

Veteran
    I feel that for the most part other than 8 minutes of a 4th quarter in 2010 at Giants stadium, the Giants have handled Vick well. The 1-2 record against Vick is not all because Vick killed us. In Philly in 2010, Osi was a fingernail away from getting the handoff/pitch play or nailing McCoy in the backfield getting the Giants the ball back with the lead late in the fourth and probably winning that game. Instead McCoy went for like 50 and Philly got the lead back and won. Obviously the 8 minutes in Miracle at the Meadowlands 2 Vick owned us, but for the other 52 minutes the Giants were thrashing him. Last year the Giants beat Vick at Philly and even knocked him out of the game. The loss at Giants stadium last year was to Vince Young (who has always killed the Giants) not Vick. The thing that concerns me most about Philly is that defense which looks to be much improved. On the other side of the ball McCoy is a nightmare to deal with moreso than Vick.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 09-21-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

All-Pro
    I hope they can beat them, but the Eagles own the Giants. New season though.

Kinda wish Wilson would stop being so raw right now. He would be the perfect type of HB against the Wide 9. Gotta love Andre Brown but he doesn't have the agility of Wilson to make the Eagles defense look like fools.