+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

referee's last night

A couple calls stand out. I am glad they let plays go but come on a little consistency. The prince push and 15 yarder was completely embarrassing ?. He should keep his temper but that was so ticky tack and happens on almost every play.

The 2nd webster call was bad too as he rode his wr to sideline and did turn his head to locate the ball. Bad call.
    Some of the spotting of the ball seemed to be all over the place. I think if it is 1 yard short or half a yard they just move it. This avoids them having to bring out chains and possibly have to review.

In the end I dont have much faith in them. I am just glad we mopped the floor with them so we wouldnt have to rely on a call or 2.

The Personal Foul on Prince was complete BS, but I wouldn't be surprised to see if the ref didn't see the receiver shove Prince first... might be a case of turning his head too late.

The C-Web PI was fairly legit from what I saw. Maybe when I look at the all-22 footage of it I can get a picture, but it seemed fair (albeit frustrating) to me.

Overall, the refs didn't do any worse than the regular refs would have last night...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The Personal Foul on Prince was complete BS, but I wouldn't be surprised to see if the ref didn't see the receiver shove Prince first... might be a case of turning his head too late.

The C-Web PI was fairly legit from what I saw. Maybe when I look at the all-22 footage of it I can get a picture, but it seemed fair (albeit frustrating) to me.

Overall, the refs didn't do any worse than the regular refs would have last night...
    Even if he didn't see the first shove, Prince's retaliation wasn't flag worthy.

Or if it was, then the refs should have been flagging Steve Smith on every play.

Veteran
    It seems the new refs (or clone refs) have too much power making them dangerous to any team. I know they have their side, but they don't have eyes in the backs of their heads yet they make calls as if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Even if he didn't see the first shove, Prince's retaliation wasn't flag worthy.

Or if it was, then the refs should have been flagging Steve Smith on every play.
    Still, I don't see the regular refs calling a better game than the replacements did last night...
    Andre the Giant

Prince call was bad, but let's face it the "part time" refs from last season call many more ticky tack penalities

i want full time official only, dont care how that comes about, but that's what the NFL needs ... none of these CEOs mon-fri. ... ref and rub elbows with NFL stars on Sunday ... that clearly wasnt working
    Apologize to Melo 5

Yeh, The issue with these refs isn't the calls as much as it is the consistency in the calls thru the entire game. Call the game the same way for both sides- the entire game- and I'm all in... Otherwise we have a problem. After 3 games, heres the dealeo: None of the replacements are calling games the same way, they change from game to game and from group to group. The players don't know what to expect so how do they play it. Time to go to Ask It!!! Maybe they got an idea, Goodell certainly doesn't

the one thing i liked, was how they called hosleys interception return. they let him return it, and then you look at it and see if he was down. so many times the refs blow it dead, negating the return, and then you see replays that say that the player wasn't down or whatever it is. i was really happy to see them do that

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    A couple calls stand out. I am glad they let plays go but come on a little consistency. The prince push and 15 yarder was completely embarrassing ?. He should keep his temper but that was so ticky tack and happens on almost every play.

The 2nd webster call was bad too as he rode his wr to sideline and did turn his head to locate the ball. Bad call.
    Some of the spotting of the ball seemed to be all over the place. I think if it is 1 yard short or half a yard they just move it. This avoids them having to bring out chains and possibly have to review.

In the end I dont have much faith in them. I am just glad we mopped the floor with them so we wouldnt have to rely on a call or 2.
    I dont care as long as it goes both ways

Veteran
    I was a little confused considering the same Ref that called the Prince personal foul stood by watching literally 2 feet away when the one Panther repeatedly rammed our one players (can't remember who is was) head into the turf after the play, and didn't throw a flag.