+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Hixon= wally pip

Last year he goes down and hello victor cruz (after they tried stokely of course.

This year he goes down and hello Barden (yes its only one game and he was a 3rd rounder) but wally pip a little.

Also is the new AB our new Cruz? I know he was a 4th rounder - but the kid was cut 10 times and tore his achilles. After being on the PS last year can't believe anyone thought he had this in him. Unreal.

slow down big hoss

it was one game where the Panthers were rolling heavy coverage to Cruz and leaving a rookie on Barden

I am happy for him and he played well

but a healthy Hixon is twice the football player of Barden

Hixon has more speed, at least that is my impression. Barden could become a good weapon similar to Plaxico. It is a long season and it is good to have solid backups. I believe when Hixon returns you will see both of them playing equally. Barden does nood to show it in more than one game. Lets see how he does against the Eagles.

Veteran
    Slow down hoss? Interesting that in my post i say "its only been one game." The larger picture here is hixon has been our x receiver before and does not have the potential ramses does. Sorry, hixon is a nice wideout with relatively good speed but is not a guy who is gonna wow or can take over a game. Not saying barden will but he certainly has a better chance the dom - and no i dont think hixon is twice the player barden is - your talking about him like he is nicks or cruz who are leaps and bounds above everyone. Hixon's best year he had 24 catches - while you think im overhyping barden seems like your overhyping hixon. He has been a nice st guy and ok as a third wideout. As for your rolled coverage, not only was it that, the panther played soft coverage and barden got to run his big bodied slant all day. That said hixon has never had one game as a receiver like bardens. When it comes to overhyping id rather be with the young barden then dom.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Hixon has more speed, at least that is my impression. Barden could become a good weapon similar to Plaxico. It is a long season and it is good to have solid backups. I believe when Hixon returns you will see both of them playing equally. Barden does nood to show it in more than one game. Lets see how he does against the Eagles.
    not so sure after tearing that same ACL twice. I like Hixon....but Ramses has the big play ability, without the 2 knee surgeries.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    slow down big hoss

it was one game where the Panthers were rolling heavy coverage to Cruz and leaving a rookie on Barden

but a Hixon in the trainers room is an opportunity...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    but a Hixon in the trainers room is an opportunity...
    absolutely

I am happy for Ramses

this kid was euphoric last night ......hugging Eli

slow down big hoss

But a healthy Hixon is like a lunar eclipse.

absolutely

I am happy for Ramses

this kid was euphoric last night ......hugging Eli
    No doubt. Also maybe he is a better player now because of Hixon to some degree. Seems like the Gaints WRs learn from each other and are open with their knowledge of the game and position....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Ramses has a ton of upside....I thought he did a nice job against press coverage....something Hixon struggles with.