+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jernigan

Veteran

Jernigan

Patience Patience Patience - we can call see that this is necessary for the players and when evaluating them (e.g. barden and brown) and Jernigan from a small school deserves the same patience.

That said I am surprised he is so low on the depth chart (last wideout) and the truth is I wouldn't worry as much if he were helping on ST's but randle has his punt returning job due to his good hands and wilson has the kick returns. He is only in his second year and I'm not abandoning him just yet, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Patience Patience Patience - we can call see that this is necessary for the players and when evaluating them (e.g. barden and brown) and Jernigan from a small school deserves the same patience.

That said I am surprised he is so low on the depth chart (last wideout) and the truth is I wouldn't worry as much if he were helping on ST's but randle has his punt returning job due to his good hands and wilson has the kick returns. He is only in his second year and I'm not abandoning him just yet, patience.
    He's still a good gunner on punt/kick coverage... nice to have. If it were Cruz that went down last week instead of Nicks, more than likely we'd be singing Jernigan praises right now...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Yeah Randle being ahead of him on the depth chart says something.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post

Agreed. Good post.

Veteran
    No toad - untrue. Just b/c they have similar body types this has nothing to do with depth chart. If cruz gets hurt - barden is next up then randel. Not saying jernigan wont one day have to step up and deliver but right now he has every other WR in front of him.

And jernigan was unable to keep the kick/ punt duties due to shaky hands and quite frankly wilson is a lot better.

Again patience and he will get his chance - but there are reasons he is where he is right now. Things can change though.

I agree, he is buried deeper than I thought he would be. did he even see the field last night. RR has done little with his snaps. I'm surprised JJ doesn't get a few looks with his after catch potential. Wilson doesn't look much better than JJ did during the Super Bowl as far as kickoff returns go. Doesn't seem the Giants are to interested in giving him game time. After his many highlights from camp that's a head scratcher. It's not like RR is tearing it up.

DB's are mostly under 6'. Eli loves throwing the high ball to bigger receivers - a bigger window to throw to (Burress, Nicks, now Barden). Jernigan was supposed to return kicks, and he's not even doing that. Cruz is too good in the slot for Jernigan to have that job. I think at 5'8" he'll have the same career that the last high draft pick the Giants used on a 5' 8" WR....Sinorice Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    DB's are mostly under 6'. Eli loves throwing the high ball to bigger receivers - a bigger window to throw to (Burress, Nicks, now Barden). Jernigan was supposed to return kicks, and he's not even doing that. Cruz is too good in the slot for Jernigan to have that job. I think at 5'8" he'll have the same career that the last high draft pick the Giants used on a 5' 8" WR....Sinorice Moss.
    Oh please not another Moss comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Oh please not another Moss comparison.
    A made 4 points on Jernigan and you call out one...thanks for the insightful reply.

Veteran
    cruz ain't exactly tall himself- eli likes to throw to guys who are open - end of story.

RR had his first catch and is getting his feet wet, that's hardly not taking advantage of his snaps. eli threw for 288 and looked great, his first and second options were often open so not much for randle, the fact that the rookie is ahead of jernigan on the depth chart tells you he is progressing.