+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

What about Tynes???

Has he missed a kick since kicking us into the SB on the frozen tundra back in '07? I think that kick took hiim to the next level.

Where did this leg strength come from? Last year, We went for it with any field goals potentially longer than 45 yards it seemed like.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Where did this leg strength come from? Last year, We went for it with any field goals potentially longer than 45 yards it seemed like.
    I can recall like 2 years ago he was lucky to get a kickoff inside the 10-15 yard line, now he kicks most of them to the back of the end zone.
    Last edited by mikeq6722; 09-21-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: type o

10/10

He is having a great season.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeq6722 View Post
    I can recall like 2 years ago he was lucky to get a kickoff inside the 10-15 yard line, now he kicks most of them to the back of the end zone.
    I know that the kickoff line was moved up 5 yards, but that only accounts for 5 out of 25 yards further that he's kicking the ball. Dude has some leg now, and he was already a clutch kicker before that! Maybe a pro bowl selection this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I was thinking the same thing. Aren't you supposed to decline as you age? Tynes is getting stronger and more accurate. I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Has he missed a kick since kicking us into the SB on the frozen tundra back in '07? I think that kick took hiim to the next level.
    GREAT CALL.

But kickers are like golfers. They can seem completely unflappable and in the zone, and one bad kick and they can have the yips again.

Veteran
    Actually think he had maybe one touchback - the rest of the kicks went to the 5 at best.

Did a fantastic job with the fg's - well done. and yes he certainly has missed kicks since 07.

Yeah.......who is this guy masquerading as our beloved, weak, ball hooking Lawrence Tynes.......cannot be the same guy. This guy looks All-Pro

He's also doing something very sneaky with kickoffs.

In the preseason, Tynes was sending half his kickofffs through the endzone for touchbacks. Now, instead of using his energy to kick it deep into the endzone, he's kicking them with more hang-time, and landing them around the goal-line. The result is that the return man makes an effort at a return, without realizing just how close the coverage is.

We're routinely getting returners inside the 20 these days. . .and it's beautiful!!
    Last edited by RagTime Blue; 09-21-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: grammar