+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was Diehl the problem with the Oline?

Our line has played at a much higher level since Diehl left halfway through the tampa game. I think the line should stay the way it is, even upon his return.

I like DD a bunch but he has been declining for some reason. I am sure its not all coinsidence that the oline is playing better. Also Beatty at LT and Locklear at RT. Bennet getting the blockign shemes down better too....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I like DD a bunch but he has been declining for some reason. I am sure its not all coinsidence that the oline is playing better. Also Beatty at LT and Locklear at RT. Bennet getting the blockign shemes down better too....
    Diehl should just stay out imo unless someone else gets hurt (god forbid)

Eli had time to throw last night and I'll tell you this, when that happens the defense has no chance at stopping him. I think it was the best I saw the offense perform in over 2 years. Reminded me of the blow out game against the seahawks a few years back.

that seems like the low hanging fruit reason, and it may be true.

but with o lines, coaches say its usually the number of reps that is the difference between good and bad. it wouldn't be the weirdest thing if the game experience over the last 3 weeks has made this much of a difference.

keep in mind, for the most part they've been very good at pass protection, so its not like they completely suck and don't know what they're doing, its just they're run blocking has stunk.

another think other analysts have said about the new offseason rules, the reduction in padded practices makes the most difference in the run game (apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    Diehl should just stay out imo unless someone else gets hurt (god forbid)
    I don't know....couple years ago the same thing happen with O'Hara...when he was healthy he was playing....Coughlin is pretty loyal.......Honestly I think DD has being a soldier for this team....but the line looks better NOW
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I think it's more of a difference of Brown over Bradshaw then Locklear over DD.

Considering that most of Brown's runs that were successful weren't over DD's (previous) side.

Starter
    Absolutely. He was one of the worst offensive linemen in the league last year according to profootballfocus.

Veteran
    When the pass protection and the run game almost instantly transform, there is really only one answer.

Not THE problem, but maybe A problem. We saw a very good and "patient" running back, Brown tear up the Panthers last night. Brown has good vision and saw the cracks opened by our O-Line and took advantage with his explosiveness. We haven't seen a North-South runner like this in a long time. Again, Brown waited for the gap, as opposed to Bradshaw who rushes the gate a little early. Diehl is definately on the downslide of his carreer, and the current line-up has had a couple of good games strung together. No need to screw up what is working. Who knows, maybe a little rest can make Diehl a better relief player,, in this stage of his carreer, than a starter. Protection of Eli was the key to the win last night, and this O-Line did a great job of that last night. My guess is Diehl will be warming the bench while we have this motor firing on all pistons.