+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    Kenny Philips loses major weight!!! (However much $30k weighs)

    Just reported on Sirius that KP is hit with a $30k fine for his hit on Vincent Jackson

  2. #2
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    11,198
    I thought you meant actual body weight.... should change the 30k to $30k so people like myself aren't misinformed and confused.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  3. #3
    All-Pro ny06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,808
    That's just awful, I understand the rules of the game and my opinion is I hate what they are doing to this great game.
    I guess the NFL wanted Phillips to wait for Vincent Jackson to catch the football and make a football move, before he is allowed to hit him.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

  4. #4
    Veteran manning to shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florham Park
    Posts
    1,795
    that pop woke up the team so it was money well spent.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Posts
    1,151
    The Giants should cover the expense.

  6. #6
    KP said he will appeal

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    That's just awful, I understand the rules of the game and my opinion is I hate what they are doing to this great game.
    I guess the NFL wanted Phillips to wait for Vincent Jackson to catch the football and make a football move, before he is allowed to hit him.
    I mean it sounds like a joke but thats EXACTLY what they're saying. How that ever made it through the competion committee is amazing.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Posts
    1,151
    So essentially, they want the defense to not play defense and wait until the receiver catches the ball, makes 10 moves, and then you can hit them. How long before sacks become completely outlawed? May as well just play flag football.

  9. #9
    Starter mikeq6722's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Auburn, Ma
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I thought you meant actual body weight.... should change the 30k to $30k so people like myself aren't misinformed and confused.
    It was common sense, it required little thought to determine what he was talking about. Even if you thought it was weight, did you expect that k to stand for kilograms? So you thought Phillips lost almost 70 pounds? Most people dont randomly lose 35% of their body weight.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeq6722 View Post
    It was common sense, it required little thought to determine what he was talking about. Even if you thought it was weight, did you expect that k to stand for kilograms? So you thought Phillips lost almost 70 pounds? Most people dont randomly lose 35% of their body weight.
    Just for the record - I didnt change the title either, a mod must have thought it was confusing as well. WOW!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts