+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two Giants fined for kneel-down vs. Buccaneers! None for Bucs!

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers played the part of the aggressor in that infamous final kneel-down at the Meadowlands last Sunday, but it's the New York Giants who are paying the price.

Offensive linemen David Baas and Kevin Boothe have both been fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness in connection with the final play of the Giants' 41-34 win.

No Bucs players were fined for the squirmish, which occurred after Eli Manning was knocked to the ground while attempting a game-ending QB kneel. Manning said later in the week that he told Bucs players a QB kneel was coming, standard procedure that lets both sides know not to "fire off" at the snap.

Tom Coughlin confronted Bucs coach Greg Schiano after the game about the play, which several Giants called dirty.

In total, four Giants players were fined for actions last Sunday, according to The Associated Press. Safety Kenny Phillips was fined $30,000 for striking defenseless Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson on a pass play. No penalty flag was thrown. Running back Andre Brown was fined $15,750 for a horse-collar tackle on Brandon McDonald during an interception return.

As for Schiano, the kneel-down incident now dovetails neatly with Friday's Michael Silver report on his reputation as a bully in scouting circles. Could the NFL finally have its very own Bud Kilmer?

These fines are getting absurd. Players getting fined for scuffles now that don't draw flags??

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    These fines are getting absurd. Players getting fined for scuffles now that don't draw flags??
    Oh absolutely - been seeing it for a couple of seasons now. I can understand if a player throws a punch and the refs don't catch it but its caught in a review but jeeeeeeeez.

NFL front office is a joke.

Gettin fined for protecting your QB....?

Carolina better get a fine for pulling Bennetts mask.I hope someone goes at Tampa Bays linemans knees in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioGiant View Post
    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers played the part of the aggressor in that infamous final kneel-down at the Meadowlands last Sunday, but it's the New York Giants who are paying the price.

Offensive linemen David Baas and Kevin Boothe have both been fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness in connection with the final play of the Giants' 41-34 win.

No Bucs players were fined for the squirmish, which occurred after Eli Manning was knocked to the ground while attempting a game-ending QB kneel. Manning said later in the week that he told Bucs players a QB kneel was coming, standard procedure that lets both sides know not to "fire off" at the snap.

Tom Coughlin confronted Bucs coach Greg Schiano after the game about the play, which several Giants called dirty.

In total, four Giants players were fined for actions last Sunday, according to The Associated Press. Safety Kenny Phillips was fined $30,000 for striking defenseless Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson on a pass play. No penalty flag was thrown. Running back Andre Brown was fined $15,750 for a horse-collar tackle on Brandon McDonald during an interception return.

As for Schiano, the kneel-down incident now dovetails neatly with Friday's Michael Silver report on his reputation as a bully in scouting circles. Could the NFL finally have its very own Bud Kilmer?
    God forbid a lineman being upset for someone going at their knee. I wish we were playing them again. Tell everyone to go out and cut block on the kneel down

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Carolina better get a fine for pulling Bennetts mask.
    DAMN, I almost forgot about that!!

there fining our boys for defending themselves wtf were they looking at? I don't get it, if I was boothe or baas I wouldn't pay crap they deserve a full explanation for this absurbness

All-Pro
    Baas was throwing punches like a MMA fighter...I liked it but I can see why he got fined....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch