+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: William Beatty

William Beatty

William Beatty has done a great job in David Diehl's absence. I still would love for the Giants to stock up on offensive linemen in next year's draft, but if Beatty continues to play well I dont mind him starting. Last night showed what Eli and these receivers could do when given enough time to go through their routes. Eli was sooo deadly accurate, and having a left tackle that can actually block is very exciting. Hope Beatty has a healthy productive season.

Beatty was extremely effective in the run game as well, perhaps even more effective run blocking than he was pass blocking

Veteran
    Nah man, James Brewer is the next man up.. I doubt we'd draft a tackle next year unless they weren't impressed with Brewer's development.

its amazing how one game can change everything. i wouldnt mind this OL at all if they can keep it up. only issue is every guy on our OL starting has been in the league for 7 yrs or longer (aside from Beatty) so we will need to invest in young talent.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Nah man, James Brewer is the next man up.. I doubt we'd draft a tackle next year unless they weren't impressed with Brewer's development.
    I still think guard is more of a concern. They have really no depth there at all, apart from Cordle and Petrus. Neither of them inspire much confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still think guard is more of a concern. They have really no depth there at all, apart from Cordle and Petrus. Neither of them inspire much confidence.
    I agree. Yeah we could definitely use a first round OT talent, but our depth at guard is putrid.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Beatty was extremely effective in the run game as well, perhaps even more effective run blocking than he was pass blocking
    And, thanks to you, we know he played every offensive snap
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    There is no way that we would not draft a OT next year (or any year) because Brewer is on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    There is no way that we would not draft a OT next year (or any year) because Brewer is on our roster.
    Brewer is more suited to play RT. If Beatty plays well this season at LT there is a chance the Giants might not draft an OT early. Also this could be addressed in free agency instead of the draft. It really all comes down to how Beatty plays and if he can stay healthy.

From PFF:

Beatty States His Case
    The Giants depth chart at offensive tackle has long puzzled us at Pro Football Focus. Well, with David Diehl absent through injury the Giants were last night forced to shuffle the pack. In his absence Sean Locklear (+1.3), and in particular William Beatty (+5.4) put forth the perfect example of why they should be the Giants’ starting tackles for the rest of the season. Locklear had one extremely shaky play in pass protection that yielded a hit to Charles Johnson early in the first quarter and allowed a couple of stops in the run game. At left tackle Beatty was nearly faultless in one of the best performances of his career. He allowed a couple of pressures in pass protection, but his run blocking was dominant. He had the key block on each of Andre Brown’s 1-yard touchdown carries.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nthers-week-3/