+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who Do We Resign Next Year

We have a bunch of young talent. We're not going to be able to keep everyone, who do you think stays, and who do you think goes?

Kenny Phillips has done well for us, he is someone that I would like to keep.

Victor Cruz, and Andre Brown are looking pretty important right now

KP, Bennett and Beatty as well

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Victor Cruz, and Andre Brown are looking pretty important right now

KP, Bennett and Beatty as well
    Bennett may not make it. Eli's making him too expensive given our OL needs. Also not so sure about Beatty. The price will have to be right. He is injured an awful lot and his current problem (back) is a real bad thing for a 325 pound OL. If those concerns knock down his price then maybe it will be a good value otherwise, redeploy the money into a healthy guy.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Some tough decisions have to be made in the off-season. I expect some highly paid vets to be cut as well. Probably looking at Canty and Diehl. Some surprise cuts I could see happening could be AB and Baas.

In terms of importance I'd rank it like this:
    1. Victor Cruz- Most receiving yards EVER in a single season by a NYG...enough said

2. Will Beatty- Talent wise he isn't better then the other players, but he plays a premier position and we have no obvious replacement on the roster at the moment...Plus I think he could be brought back at a pretty reasonable price to protect our franchises blind side.

3. Andre Brown- With a suddenly dangerous running game, Eli looks all the more lethal...However Brown could play his way out of the Giants price range considering we have a 1st round pick invested behind him

4. Bennett- Looks like a TD machine with his size and athleticism in the red zone, but drops on the list due to inconsistencies and Eli's ability to make anyone look good at the TE position.

5. KP- Doesn't play a premiere position and doesn't appear to be a true difference maker, however could be brought back at a reasonable price

Veteran
    Nah.. Baas won't be cut, dude is starting to play well.. No O'Hara, but he's playing better.. lets hope he can continue the trend upward

Diehl, maybe Canty are definitely on the bubble for next year tho

1. Victor Cruz- Most receiving yards EVER in a single season by a NYG...enough said

2. Will Beatty- Talent wise he isn't better then the other players, but he plays a premier position and we have no obvious replacement on the roster at the moment...Plus I think he could be brought back at a pretty reasonable price to protect our franchises blind side.

3. Andre Brown- With a suddenly dangerous running game, Eli looks all the more lethal...However Brown could play his way out of the Giants price range considering we have a 1st round pick invested behind him

4. Bennett- Looks like a TD machine with his size and athleticism in the red zone, but drops on the list due to inconsistencies and Eli's ability to make anyone look good at the TE position.

5. KP- Doesn't play a premiere position and doesn't appear to be a true difference maker, however could be brought back at a reasonable price
    This list is pretty much right on. I'm pretty high on Beatty. As long as he can stay healthy this season he needs to be resigned and will come at a much better price then any of the top LT that will be available.

KP I fear is going to want more than what the Giants can pay for him. Safety is a position where you can draft a guy that can play right away so I think KP is gone unless he gives the Giants a big discount.

kp not a difference make?? come on

have to resign cruz, kp, bennett for sure... wouldnt be sad to see bradshaw go IF andre brown stays consistent as he has past 2 games...diehl can go, and possibly canty if austin gets better

Quote Originally Posted by craigjr007 View Post
    kp not a difference make?? come on

have to resign cruz, kp, bennett for sure... wouldnt be sad to see bradshaw go IF andre brown stays consistent as he has past 2 games...diehl can go, and possibly canty if austin gets better
    If Bennett continues his good play it may price out of reach for the Giants. Can't resign them all especially with Nicks needing a new deal after next season. You will have to pay both Cruz and Nicks like top a top 10 Wr. Bennett seems like the odd man out unless he is willing to take less to stay.