+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb David Wilson is our CJ Spiller

The bills had the same expectations for Spiller that the Giants now have for Wilson. Spiller never had much of an impact coming off the bench as a situational back-up to Fred Jackson. But now that he is forced to be the every down back, his play is flourishing. I'm not saying make Wilson an every down back, but lets not pass so much judgement on whether he is a bust or not until he has been given that same opportunity. In all fairness, everyone knows how eager the Giants are to get Wilson the ball. So it's quite clear that defenses are keying in on David when he's in the game, which drastically lowers his chances for success. Give the lad some time and his talent will soon shine.
    Last edited by Mr. G-Man; 09-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Starter
    He's the type of guy that can get a lot of negative runs but all he needs is one seam and he's gone. Hasn't had many opportunities to do that yet.

He's flashed a-plenty enough for me to know he's going to be a very good back. I just don't think he's as NFL-ready as many on here thought.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

He just needs to get his pass blocking down.

He wont see the field until then. If Eli does not trust him out there, he cant change plays and expect Wilson to do what he needs to do. So Wilson just wont play much except for a handful of designed plays for him a game.

With the way Andre is running and our passing game is clicking, the Giants have the luxury of patience with Wilson. Don't expect to see him much unless both AB's are hurt.

I think this kid will be great, he'll need a little more than three cameo appearances to get this Offense down. By mid season I think he will be wowing us...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He just needs to get his pass blocking down.

He wont see the field until then. If Eli does not trust him out there, he cant change plays and expect Wilson to do what he needs to do. So Wilson just wont play much except for a handful of designed plays for him a game.
    ----^

id like to see him run more flare routes, shovel passes and screens. treat this kid like LaSean McCoy.
    Last edited by Mr. G-Man; 09-22-2012 at 01:27 PM.

I'm not worried about Wilson

Let him learn slowly. I can see him coming along just like Bradshaw did in last quarter of the 2007 season. Let's just count our blessing we have Bradshaw, Brown, AND Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
    The bills had the same expectations for Spiller that the Giants now have for Wilson. Spiller never had much of an impact coming off the bench as a situational back-up to Fred Jackson. But now that he is forced to be the every down back, his play is flourishing. I'm not saying make Wilson an every down back, but lets not pass so much judgement on whether he is a bust or not until he has been given that same opportunity. In all fairness, everyone knows how eager the Giants are to get Wilson the ball. So it's quite clear that defenses are keying in on David when he's in the game, which drastically lowers his chances for success. Give the lad some time and his talent will soon shine.
    hmmm, i'll sign up for that ... but still would love to have him emerge a litte sooner

now, call me BLUE, but i see him breaking a KR for 7 !!!
    Apologize to Melo 5