+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lawrence Tynes

Lawrence Tynes

It's great that Brown, Barden, and Hosley are receiving their due, but what about good ol' Lawrence Tynes? I know it's still very early in the season, but he's 10 for 10 in FG attempts (long of 49) and perfect on XPs. I remember a time when I didn't trust him, but he's been pretty damn reliable recently. Can't the kicker get some love too??

He kicked that 49 yarder like it was a chip shot before the half. He's got a little swag to him too. Guess that's what happens when you kick your team to two SB's.

Guy is money.

NEVER have doubt with him no matter the distance now.

Tynes new is name is A-U-T-O-M-A-T-I-C and SUPER LEG!
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Tynes has been nothing short of spectacular this year. But if you notice, TC rarely makes him try one over 50 yards.

Of course, Weatherford has also been lights-out.

But if we get stopped on the opponent's 34-38 yard line, expect a fourth-down play with Eli, as opposed to a 51-55 yard FG attempt.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

From someone with a new user name (courtesy of board change screw up), I have to admit I was stone cold wrong about keeping Tynes. For a while I was convinced he had a pic of Reese and TC in a compromising situation.
    Eating my crow but glad they made me. You go LT, JR and TC.

Props to Tynes for being very solid this season. I feel like kickers in this league that have been with the same team for a while tend to gain a little extra confidence and swagger about them. At least I don't have to bite my lip every kick. It'd help if the green zone efficiency were to improve though.

Quote Originally Posted by B.JACOBS27 View Post
    It's great that Brown, Barden, and Hosley are receiving their due, but what about good ol' Lawrence Tynes? I know it's still very early in the season, but he's 10 for 10 in FG attempts (long of 49) and perfect on XPs. I remember a time when I didn't trust him, but he's been pretty damn reliable recently. Can't the kicker get some love too??
    I've been a huge critic of Lawrence Tynes in the past. But after winning SB46, I finally gave up trying to bust on the guy.

This season, he's done a great job.

Okay, now I've put the whammy on it.

I believe Tynes is in a contract year. He is 34, so maybe a couple year resigning?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I believe Tynes is in a contract year. He is 34, so maybe a couple year resigning?
    You are correct, like Weatherford last season I expect the Giants to make it a priority to resign Tynes.