+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Amazing how quick everyone changed their minds on that 2009 draft class

Went from being "Nicks was the only player they got that draft"

To "now they have a starting receiver, a #3 receiver, their starting LT, and their starting HB (or #2 or #3 HB depending on how you want to order it)

Now the only guys who failed horribly from that draft were Sintim, Bomar, and a 6th and 7th round CB. Beckum is still on the fence (at best)

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Went from being "Nicks was the only player they got that draft"

To "now they have a starting receiver, a #3 receiver, their starting LT, and their starting HB (or #2 or #3 HB depending on how you want to order it)

Now the only guys who failed horribly from that draft were Sintim, Bomar, and a 6th and 7th round CB. Beckum is still on the fence (at best)

ARE you saying that people need to give these players some time before they judge?I saw someone on here claim that last years draft was already a bust....
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    ARE you saying that people need to give these players some time before they judge?I saw someone on here claim that last years draft was already a bust....
    Not only give them time, but the classic way to look is supposed to be 3 years after.

But 3 years after the 2009 draft class still was unimpressive. Beatty was hurt, Barden had like 10 career catches, Brown was floating around on waivers once a month, and Beckum was managing one catch every other game.

Took that class 4 years to actually put something on the field.

I'm actually curious what's going on with Sintim. I'm guessing he hasn't caught on with any other team yet because he's not ready to play? It's a shame the injuries and such that happened. I was always high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Not only give them time, but the classic way to look is supposed to be 3 years after.

But 3 years after the 2009 draft class still was unimpressive. Beatty was hurt, Barden had like 10 career catches, Brown was floating around on waivers once a month, and Beckum was managing one catch every other game.

Took that class 4 years to actually put something on the field.
    I always figure 3 years....to be fair we still can't judge this class on one game but all of a sudden it looks brighter
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

another thing many on here tend to not understand....this isn't the browns....we are a solid football team to start with...even the most talented rookies are going to have to wait for their opportunity.....Sometimes there just isn't a spot for a couple years

When you continually draft in the 20s or 32 last year...first it means we are a better team and second...our draft picks on paper are not as talented as the guys the browns and whoever are grabbing in the top 5 or 10....of course they aren't going to get on field and have the same impact as other rookies....why is that so hard to understand?

Bench Player
    This is exactly why I am not worried about people like Austin, Brewer, Jernigan, and Sash from last year. I'll be mad if they don't develop and call this draft class a bust in 2014 if they all flop.

anyone even commenting on a draft before 3 years is just a complete NFL noob
    Apologize to Melo 5

wasnt like 95% of ppl here sure barden was a bust some time ago? i've always felt the 09 draft was a good one. ive been a fan/supporter of beatty, barden, n beckum on top of the obvious nicks. i just didnt hold the illusion that they'd all be all pro's starting for us after year 1. i knew itd take time.

but beatty and nicks became integral pretty quickly

Barden i always thought if the Giants are keeping this guy he must have some hidden talent.

this is it! hes starting to show up. i liked his play on Thursday. i hope he can continue to improve.

Sintim i thought would be better than turned out! he surprised me.

im excited very much about Brown especially the last two games. going forward i think he will be a major upgrade to our rushing attack!