+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Major Props to our secondary

It was great seeing our CBs, especially Amukamara, play as well as they did. I'm very worried about our DB situation but with them clocking more professional time as a unit they've shown that there is hope. There is no doubt in my mind that our achilles heel is at the corner position. Fewell did an excellent job calling the panthers game and the defense did equally as well following through. I truly hope that it's a groove that we can get into.

if prince and hosley can stay healthy and get a lot of game reps, i will actually be extremely happy with our secondary. we have a great safety pair, and between hosley prince and c-web, if all healthy and working together, we could actually finally have a decent secondary

I agree. They hardly blew any coverages thursday. But our D-line was nasty. I saw constant pressure. cam didnt know what him him.

Veteran
    Is it possible our secondary goes from liability to strength in a matter of weeks? I think so, it's just up to Perry Fewell to put them in the right places.

Agreed man. And if they can stay injury-free.

prince webster and hosely should be more than decent. i expect our secondary to be dominant. we do have the talent and pieces there, we just need them to be healthy as a collective unit and get reps together. Almost like an OL, the more time to gel the better.

If Hosley continues to play at the level we've seen so far, he might known across the league as the prototypical zone coverage cornerback.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

As long as Webster can cover the opposing team's number 1 threat we will be ok. Webster has to stop falling for double moves and Rolle needs to stop getting caught looking in the backfield and read the QB's eyes. Im glad Hosley is stepping up our defense looks bad when Rolle tries to cover the slot. Our secondary will be ok once we figure out Rolle can't cover a slot receiver man to man.

enigma-why would he be considered a zone corner? the big plays he's made have been in man. i have been real impressed with how well he can mirror the wr

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    enigma-why would he be considered a zone corner? the big plays he's made have been in man. i have been real impressed with how well he can mirror the wr
    When people hear a guy is a ball hawk they immediately think he is only effective in a zone scheme where he has the freedom to jump certain routes as the transition into a S or other CBs responsibility.

Just because a guy can be a ball hawk doesnt mean his coverage skills are lacking, one can have both attributes. I agree to have both in a corner is rare but Hosely seems like he can do both well.