+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tom Coughlin's makeover as a coach detailed on "A Football Life"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...r_as_a_co.html

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin laughed when asked Friday if there were any "startling revelations" in his episode of NFL Network's "A Football Life," which will air Wednesday at 8 p.m.

The Giants coach said he didn't think so, although he hadn't yet seen the episode. He's right, but it is a warm, nostalgic and well-rounded look at the two-time Super Bowl winning head coach. Detailed in the episode is his endeavor to recast himself as a coach before the Giants' 2007 championship season.

Coughlin recalls a turning point after the 2006 season. He was on the hot seat after the Giants lost in the first round of the playoffs, and his wife, Judy, and two of his children staged an intervention in his living room. They told him what Judy Coughlin said she wished they had told him in Jacksonville, before he was fired as the Jaguars head coach -- that the media did not like him, and did not have reason to." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Can't wait to see it. I have my DVR set to record it on Wed. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Can't wait to see it. I have my DVR set to record it on Wed. Should be interesting.
    TC is one of the best in the business.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Love the preview, especially when he screams get your *** down! Great stuff.

DVR is already set.

He had to change his DI approach due to the fact that athletes are prima Donnas & not used to gettting yelled/screamed at & told to be at meetings 15 min prior, etc. Only those of us that have served can deal with that type of leadership mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    He had to change his DI approach due to the fact that athletes are prima Donnas & not used to gettting yelled/screamed at & told to be at meetings 15 min prior, etc. Only those of us that have served can deal with that type of leadership mentality.
    And yet the players have signed on to his philosophy. They simply believe

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    Love the preview, especially when he screams get your *** down! Great stuff.
    Haven't seen that; looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Haven't seen that; looking forward to it.
    It was used in the 2007 videos as well -- America's Game or the Championship DVD.

Pre-2007 Coughlin on the sidelines red-faced and screaming "GET YOUR *** DOWN! WE LOST THE DAMNED GAME BECAUSE OF ILLEGAL PROCEDURRRRRRRRRE!"

I cant wait to see this.I saw the preview and looking forward to it.Im glad to see TC got this special.