+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cowboys oline

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    They were good, but Freeman won the Cowboys that game. He was your game MVP.
    mmk...?

Cowboys corners are good but I'd say they weren't really tested too much throughout that game. Mike Sullivan called a horrible game. Too predicable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Cowboys corners are good but I'd say they weren't really tested too much throughout that game. Mike Sullivan called a horrible game. Too predicable.
    Right, not really 'tested' but the throws that did 'test' the secondary were just shut down. Jenkins covered Vjax very well, Carr covered him better. Hell, Scandrick covered Vjax pretty well also on his only completion.

I still haven't gotten a chance to watch the all 22 footage yet, but Claiborne has to be doing something right. he hasn't been contested nearly at all except for early in the Seattle game where he made a nice play on the ball.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Right, not really 'tested' but the throws that did 'test' the secondary were just shut down. Jenkins covered Vjax very well, Carr covered him better. Hell, Scandrick covered Vjax pretty well also on his only completion.

I still haven't gotten a chance to watch the all 22 footage yet, but Claiborne has to be doing something right. he hasn't been contested nearly at all except for early in the Seattle game where he made a nice play on the ball.
    I could be a CB in the NFL against Josh Freeman with the way he played today. Just saying...

Remember 3 picks 1 for TD and 2 basically in red zone. Giant offense spotted'em 21 points. The defense all in all was pretty stingey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

Majority of those throws were on 3rd and longs and we all know that it's easier to defend against the pass when we know it's coming. Freeman missed a couple throws when the receivers did manage to get separation (not that often to the credit of the Boys DBs). It's sort of like how we manhandled the Panthers: A lot of it had to do with the other team not showing up or playing to their full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by NASTI-D-AWSUM-O View Post
    Remember 3 picks 1 for TD and 2 basically in red zone. Giant offense spotted'em 21 points. The defense all in all was pretty stingey.
    Their other 2 Td drives were 28 & 13 yds so I'm not gonna jump on the D for that. They played lights out in the 2nd half only allowing 10pts. As I stated over on the Cowboys site. let me know the next time Dallas comes back from being down 24-13 at the half & 27-16 going into the 4th qt.

Bucs are a bad team. We made them look better with the 3 1st half turnovers.We lit em up for 41 pts, Boys managed 16 & let their D mutilate Romo while we passed 51 times & they didn't sack Eli once!

Banned
    whereas it wasnt the prettiest game by the offense, the Dallas D kicked the bucs asses all afternoon.

eli=lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post

Bucs are a bad team. We made them look better with the 3 1st half turnovers.We lit em up for 41 pts, Boys managed 16 & let their D mutilate Romo while we passed 51 times & they didn't sack Eli once!
    And the Minnesota Vikings beat the 49ers yesterday. It's a week to week league. Some days teams show up, some days they don't. I don't think we can classify who is a 'good team' and who is a 'bad team' just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Majority of those throws were on 3rd and longs and we all know that it's easier to defend against the pass when we know it's coming. Freeman missed a couple throws when the receivers did manage to get separation (not that often to the credit of the Boys DBs). It's sort of like how we manhandled the Panthers: A lot of it had to do with the other team not showing up or playing to their full potential.
    Right the Bucs OC didn't do anything to help the offense succeed. All I'm saying is the plays that they tried to make, weren't made, much to the credit of the Dallas CBs (plays like the pass to Vincent Jackson that was swatted down by Jenkins, the pass to Vjax broken up by Carr on the sidelines, etc) I'll look at the all 22 film sometime tomorrow and have a better understanding.

+ Reply to Thread