+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: cowboys oline

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Right the Bucs OC didn't do anything to help the offense succeed. All I'm saying is the plays that they tried to make, weren't made, much to the credit of the Dallas CBs (plays like the pass to Vincent Jackson that was swatted down by Jenkins, the pass to Vjax broken up by Carr on the sidelines, etc) I'll look at the all 22 film sometime tomorrow and have a better understanding.
    Fair enough. I'm not disrespecting your D which looks legit this year but just saying that the Bucs offense probably isn't the standard to get excited about shutting down. The Giants running over the Panthers run defense for example doesn't mean that the Giants run offense is suddenly back.

  2. #22
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Fair enough. I'm not disrespecting your D which looks legit this year but just saying that the Bucs offense probably isn't the standard to get excited about shutting down. The Giants running over the Panthers run defense for example doesn't mean that the Giants run offense is suddenly back.
    Oh I agree. By no means is shutting down the Tampa defense a reason to get excited (especially when we lose our best safety in the process).

    The Cowboys defense is semi-legit from what I can tell. I feel comfortable saying that the defensive backs are the strength of our defense (including LBers). However, our D-line is mediocre at best. There are flashes of great d line play, but it's rather inconsistent and they get pushed around a lot. Only Jason Hatcher should be considered 'good' on the D line right now.

    IMO, The defense is about a draft/FA period away from being a top defense in the league.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    The offensive line for the Cowboys has been pretty bad because of a few reasons. Been pretty inconsistent thus far. But Doug Free has taken a huge step back. That seems to be the biggest issue.

    At any rate, it's the weakest part of the team right now. Hopefully it and the defensive line will be addressed in FA and the draft next year.
    With what money can the cowboys address the d line? You guys are over the cap sorry but tge cowboys will start going backwards before going foward.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    455
    uh, no they're not over the cap

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMillah View Post
    \Pretty sure you guys allowed 38 points last week to him.
    It was 27 but I get your point. However we had a makeshift secondary and a lot of those points were from short fields due to 2 of Eli's first have picks. The third first half int was a pick six so it was not scored on the defense which allowed tb to score a tool of 34pts. However 604 yards of offense later and 41 points and the Bucs were toast. How many points did dallas score on that pathetic defense? 16 lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  6. #26
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    It was 27 but I get your point. However we had a makeshift secondary and a lot of those points were from short fields due to 2 of Eli's first have picks. The third first half int was a pick six so it was not scored on the defense which allowed tb to score a tool of 34pts. However 604 yards of offense later and 41 points and the Bucs were toast. How many points did dallas score on that pathetic defense? 16 lol
    Goes both ways. The only points the Bucs scored on Dallas were off of an Early Romo int (aided with a bs PI call as well), and a garbage time FG.

  7. #27
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
    With what money can the cowboys address the d line? You guys are over the cap sorry but tge cowboys will start going backwards before going foward.

    Nope. Your team is the only team that ever had cap issues in the NFCE this year, which is ironic since your team benefitted three fold from the cap sanctions imposed on both the Cowboys and Skins.

    The Cowboys are about 7 million under the cap as of now, even after taking the hit from the sanctions if I'm not mistaken.

    But to answer your question, there are players that most likely won't be resigned next year that will also free up more cap space (Coleman, Jenkins, and maybe even Spencer) and dead money from this year that won't be there next year.

  8. #28
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    And the Minnesota Vikings beat the 49ers yesterday. It's a week to week league. Some days teams show up, some days they don't. I don't think we can classify who is a 'good team' and who is a 'bad team' just yet.
    I totally agree with your statement! Yes we played bad against your team but now we are on the upside where your team needs adjustments.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  9. #29
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Nope. Your team is the only team that ever had cap issues in the NFCE this year, which is ironic since your team benefitted three fold from the cap sanctions imposed on both the Cowboys and Skins.

    The Cowboys are about 7 million under the cap as of now, even after taking the hit from the sanctions if I'm not mistaken.

    But to answer your question, there are players that most likely won't be resigned next year that will also free up more cap space (Coleman, Jenkins, and maybe even Spencer) and dead money from this year that won't be there next year.
    You seem to be in the Cowpokes pockets. Are you a member of the team in any way?
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts