+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How will TC's view of the refs change our prep?

You can't help but think about How TC will prep the team on how to play with these new refs and the way they are calling these games. Its crazy!!! In the first game you had to shoot someone to get a foul called against you. Now you don't know what to expect. Except one thing: therse guys aren't qualified to do this job! They're really making the NFL look like a third rate cheap neighborhood wrestling league. I don't know... How do you coach stupidity?

I think he will press them to play more physically, I don't think he could or would ask the players to do anything outside of clean football; he has too much respect for the game!

Everyone seems to have forgotten how the old refs sucked too. How many calls did they blow? How many games did they affect the outcome of? They gave away our regular season game vs. Green Bay last year. Remember that?

Honestly, I think I prefer the new refs. They may not call some things that should be called, but I haven't seen them give a game away yet. And yes, that includes the Dallas game. Our team may have been held a lot, but they had plenty of chances and they didn't play well enough to win.

its so inconsistent. On one hand they letthem play more physical onthe other hand you see BS PI calls too....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

they have some trouble marking off penalty yards, but i think we are all forgetting how horrendous last year's officials were and worse they are part-timers ... i want full time officials
    Apologize to Melo 5

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    You can't help but think about How TC will prep the team on how to play with these new refs and the way they are calling these games. Its crazy!!! In the first game you had to shoot someone to get a foul called against you. Now you don't know what to expect. Except one thing: therse guys aren't qualified to do this job! They're really making the NFL look like a third rate cheap neighborhood wrestling league. I don't know... How do you coach stupidity?
    may as well prep his guys accordingly. Based off meeting between NFL and refs last night it doesnt look like there will be a contract anytime soon so we are stuck with the reject refs for the forseeable future
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Everyone seems to have forgotten how the old refs sucked too. How many calls did they blow? How many games did they affect the outcome of? They gave away our regular season game vs. Green Bay last year. Remember that?.
    Old refs just did it faster and with more authority, so they got much less questions.

You can't account for inconsistency
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Not the refs fault. If someone asked you if you wanted to referee in the NFL. You wouldn't say no... and it doesn't help that the rulebook is more complicated then beginners Chinese...

T.C. will act like a winning Nascar crew chief does, he will allow the players to bend the rules...not break them. Tom has major integrity, and expects anyone who plays for him to have the same. He will allow more physical play but not the stupid fighting we have seen this past weekend!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"