+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Giants can take advantage of a weak division again

Last year we won the divison at 9-7. This year, we could do the same.

The Giants are the only team in the NFC east to be plus on points this year at +29 (4th in the NFL).
    Eagles are -19, Cowboys are -7 and Redskins are -2.

This division is really weak.

The Redskins look the stongest of the bunch IMO, but that was before the big injuries they had on defense. Now they cant stop a nose bleed. They give up an average of 33.3 points a game, but they do score a ton as well, averaging 33 a game. I dont expect them to contend down the stretch this year.

The Cowboys, IMO, are looking horrible. Yeah they beat us, but they looked bad doing it. We just played worse and got spanked. They got spanked by the Seahawks and could not put up points on a defense we just dropped 41 on and over 600 yards. Romo still is Romo as he makes plays on the run and makes something out of nothing. They may be our main competition this year once again.

The Eagles have looked bad all year long. They could be easily 0-3 the way Vick is playing. I honestly can't believe Reid hasnt plugged in Foles yet to see how he can handle it. Vick can make game changing plays, but he just has simply been knocked in the head a bit too many times to make wise decisions. How did he not see that blitz at the end of the half? Man he got smashed.

So as you can see, the division is there for the taking.

Once again the GIANTS need to shock the world.

We will see after this Sunday night game if the Giants are still the team that has disappointing, lifeless losses or if they will be pumped to try to knock out the Eagles and Vick on the big stage in Philly. The team should be jacked for this game and well rested. They just have to execute like they did vs Carolina and Newton. Hope they watched how the Cards did it. BLITZ!!! AGGRESSIVE!!!!
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

All-Pro
    Well Washington was not good last year and they swept the Giants. So far this year Dallas is 1-0 vs the Giants. The Eagles own the Giants. So while everything seems like it could favor the Giants, I think we just need to hold off on any expectations until we see more football. One game at a time.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 09-24-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Veteran
    The eagles are bad but they have a good defense, after all they did beat the Ravens, and since our defense sucks I'm sure they will put up more than 6 points against us.

weak? ... overall division record is 7-4 and the QBs are Eli, Vick, Romo and RGIII ... and last season the NFC East winner throttled teams from the North, West and South by a combined 81-39 in the postseason

Ths South is Weak, the North is Average, the East is Good and the West is Good ... no divsion is great

oh and if you stack the East v West QBs

Eli > Smtih
    Romo > Kolb
    Vick > Wilson
    RGIII > Bradford

IMO
    Last edited by GMan-67; 09-24-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Apologize to Melo 5

It's way too early to call the division weak. We need to take care of the game in front of us every week. If we do, we win.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's way too early to call the division weak. We need to take care of the game in front of us every week. If we do, we win.
    The most important game of the year....is the next one we play.....
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well Washington was not good last year and they swept the Giants. So far this year Dallas is 1-0 vs the Giants. The Eagles own the Giants. So while everything seems like it could favor the Giants, I think we just need to hold off on any expectations until we see more football. One game at a time.
    How do the Eagles own the Giants? We killed them on their home field last year? 1-1 last year.

nothing is a given in the NFL or NFC east....ever!!!
    The Giants can light it up or take a dump. We have all seen it many times. One game at a time.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    The Giants beat them 1 time last year after losing 6 straight and then lost he next time they played. They own the Giants.

This thread was ruined by the fatal flaw of the need to jump to conclusions. The facts at present make for a good thread, but there's zero base for the conclusion that the Giants would win the division with a 9-7 record or that any of the three teams won't be over .500 by season's end.

Is it also logical to say that the 49ers are weak now because of yesterday's loss?

How about using a little sense in not having to try and conclude something from a wishful thinking standpoint, from information which displays an insufficient amount of evidence to back it up.

It's a long season and there are twists and turns no one can foresee.
    Last edited by GreenZone; 09-24-2012 at 11:02 AM.