+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis out for the year

Darrelle Revis out for the year

Torn ACL. Lets see how that defense compensates for that blow. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-for-season/

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Torn ACL. Lets see how that defense compensates for that blow. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-for-season/
    We have had major injuries over the last 5 years and pulled through. I wish them good luck....Nah just joking!
    Last edited by FIFTY6G-MAN; 09-24-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Nothing to see
    Last edited by EliDaMANning; 09-24-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    He plays on the Jets not Eagles.
    Oops, I just woke up and was reading a bunch of e-girls threads! Damn I hate getting on these boards after a long night. LMAO I got smacked in the smack talk forums! Good Job!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    He plays on the Jets not Eagles.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Oops, I just woke up and was reading a bunch of e-girls threads! Damn I hate getting on these boards after a long night. LMAO I got smacked in the smack talk forums! Good Job!
    lol it's all good. They both wear green too. But you're right about one thing, next week will be an epic beatdown

That is too bad for Revis. Many times those knees are never the same after an ACL tear. He may never be the same player again. i have had two blown ACLs, and granted he is a finely tuned athlete and I am just a working shmo, I can tell you it sucks to recover from. The replacement ACL is never as good as the original.

This could turn into a Terrell Thomas issue.

This will be huge on Rex Ryan's defense and will severely limit what they can do with their safeties now.

What really must be frustrating is that it was a non-contact injury.

I would be very surprised if the Jets go far without him. Unfortunately, Revis is the only legitimate star on that team who is consistent in his play (Sanchez, Holmes and Cromartie are not). He's the type of player that if you lose him, the entire team will suffer whereas the Giants have so many second string players who can rise up when someone is out because we fill ourselves with talent - not big names (hellooooooo Tebow??) When a team's success or failure hinges on one main player it's a recipe for disaster. Granted, I was nervous about us going in against the Panthers with FOUR starters out against a team whose QB admittedly gave TC fits thinking about defending against. And we went in there and wholloped them with backups playing key roles AND a depleted secondary. THAT is and always will be the difference between the Giants and the Jets.

Best to Revis in his recouperation.

+ Reply to Thread