+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

If you were Gilbride or Fewell...

What would be your game plan for Sunday vs. the Eagles?
    Arm chair OC/DC time

Gilbride: I would spread that defense out. The wide 9 against this Line can prove to be a problem, yes we had a goodshowing last week but really how much pressure was Carolina appliyng vs. pressure we were stopping? I not interested in running a base Shotgun trips formation, more like a single back triple receiver option; occasionally motioning bennett to exploit match-ups. This type of offense will not limit us in running the ball, Brown has good patience at the line of scrimmage. With the defense spread out like this he should be able to create creases for 4-5 yard gains, Eli is smart enough to check out of something and have multiple other plays to check into from this set. Pass to open up the run, get points on the board early and let them play from behind. Forcing them to go to the air against our defense should prove favorable for our DE's.

Fewell: While I would of loved to get physical at the line with our corners; with the Injury to C-web, he is not going to be able to get hands on these receivers, to Jam them as good as we would like for our DE's to get to the QB fast enough. Not sure the extent of Hosley's hamstring injury, to be able to use that fast twitch muscle getting off the jam and trailing the WR. Haven't seen much of prince in man press outside of college to be comfortable yet. I would like to run a majority man cover 2, to keep everything infront of us all while keeping a rotating spy on Vick. Some MLB blitzes to force Vick into the hands of our DE's, on zone reads some CB blitzes. Object of sunday's game is to hit vick as much as possible, within the parameters of the rules or as much as we can get away with ( love those replacement refs...Sigh*)

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg …

You are a glutton for punishment lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

ha, well this way oversimplifies things, but just some thoughts

i want my front 4 to generate pressure ... i'd rather not have to dial up too many blitzes ... when i blitz id try it more from either the blind side or straight up the middle

i want to guard against the big play ... the Eagles are more of a big play O than a 10 play drive O due to Vick being mistake prone

anytime i can legally get a hit on Vick ... im taking it ... and if i land on him, im taking my time getting up

im going lean towards zone ... again Vick will sometimes throw the ball to you and you want to have eyes on him ... also in case he takes off

on O ... im taking what the Defence gives and trying to maintain somewhat of a balance to slow down their stud pass rushers ... im also going to look to chip their DEs ... id also try some no huddle and/or up tempo O and not just end half/end game ... id love to have their DEs a little winded on a drive or 2 and to mess up their rotation a bit

id throw in some max protect

id love to get it to Cruz a lot ... he had his breakout game vs. them last season ... they are sometimes overly aggressive and can over run things creating opportunities for YAC and big plays

finally, draws and delays in the running game

now the caveat is that the Eagles know all that and then some ... the threat of McCoy can cause our LBs to not drop into zone coverage quickly ... blitzing from the blind side can be negated by screens to McCoy and an overall good day from McCoy can slow down our stud rushers, so stopping him is very important

cant wait for this one !!!
    Apologize to Melo 5

Defense: Pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure

pressure..

PRESSURE.

and then some more pressure.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You are a glutton for punishment lol
    lol

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Defense: Pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure pressure

pressure..

PRESSURE.

and then some more pressure.
    lol why didn't I think of this? :P

@Katdaddyjay 17h

If I was the DC, I would blitz here and there putting Tuck and Osi on the same side sometimes. Then I would blitz from the same side with looks to confuse the defense. I would make Osi and Tuck do some stunts. Have some dbs double team on some receivers.

As for offense. I would use 3, 4 and some 5 wr sets. I would call screens here and there so that the O-line can go up against some lbs and safeties if the screen in successful. There would be screens to the te and backs. I'll have the rbs and tes come off of some blocks. When running, I'll have mostly draw and delay run plays with some power run plays to keep the defense off guard. Most of the plays I have are well designed so that if there is some trouble, Eli could get rid of the ball. Most of the plays would have quick set ups. One type of screen play I'll have would have receivers run their routes then the back or te block then come out of those blocks. Before they come off those blocks. My motive is to put up a lot of points with no worries of running out the clock.

Defense might want to take the same approach they took with Cam Newton. Don't necessarily play for the sacks but play a contain. Keep Vick from beating them on the ground.At times bring a safety or Nickelback to contain while the D Line tries to bring pressure up the middle. Don't let Vick get outside. Puts pressure on the Secondary but they'll have to step up. Otherwise Vick will have 80 yards rushing and will make throws on the run, which, come to think of it, he has struggled with.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    lol why didn't I think of this? :P
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    Defense might want to take the same approach they took with Cam Newton. Don't necessarily play for the sacks but play a contain.
    ^ This.
    Thing is I don't think the Eagles run that Option offense like the panthers do. So while playing to contain is a great idea, we gotta also plant Vick into the ground so that he makes bad decisions, early and often.

@Katdaddyjay 17h