+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Our starting RB should be Andre Brown

Guys, I don't know if this has been discussed so forgive me if it has. Andre Brown is a better RB than Bradshaw. He hits the hole very quickly and does a great job reading his blocks. He's vastly better than Bradshaw on the goal line. I love Bradshaw but he dances a lot in the backfield which slows his progress getting up the field. Brown has great hands as well, plus it's my opinion that he's a better pass blocker than Bradshaw.

Ultimately, I think Coughlin will give the best RB more carries and after a game and a half, Andre Brown makes the offense much more dynamic. What do you guys think?

It will go back to like it was when we had Jacobs. Platoon system. With the two ABs splitting most of the snaps and Wilson and Scott mopping up
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

They should ride the hot hand....

He is a better pass blocker? please watch the tape. laughable

And our QB should be tebow.

I agree with Roswell, we want to anoint the next Victor Cruz to anybody that has a great game. I love the Andre Brown story, I really do. I live near NC State where he went to school, I met his wife very recently and she was super excited about AB getting his first start, but I think we need to take baby steps here.

Ride the hot hand is exactly that. 44 should be the starter when healthy, split carries with Brown. If he consistently puts up solid numbers, than you never know, maybe he earns the starting role.

i dont necessarily think Brown should be the starter when AB is healthy! im just saying AB deserves to be the starter based on his history with the team!

Brown will have opportunities to run the ball maybe even more than AB but Brown should not be the starter at this point!

i personally think its the perfect situation for the offense. throw Wilson in and we're golden!

Starter
    Brown's average is 5.6 yards per carry. Bradshaw...4.3. That's a significant difference. My point is their a better team with Brown in there. The O-line seems to step up with Brown. Bradshaw dances a lot...no good! Brown hits the hole very quickly!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    i dont necessarily think Brown should be the starter when AB is healthy! im just saying AB deserves to be the starter based on his history with the team!

Brown will have opportunities to run the ball maybe even more than AB but Brown should not be the starter at this point!

i personally think its the perfect situation for the offense. throw Wilson in and we're golden!

I wouldn't count on seeing much of Wilson for a while. It's plain as day that AB and Brown are solidified as the #1 #2 backs. Wilson will continue to be "Kickoff return boy" With the running game the way it is now, Wilson is on the backburner and the last thing on the coaches minds right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 6851 View Post
    Guys, I don't know if this has been discussed so forgive me if it has. Andre Brown is a better RB than Bradshaw. He hits the hole very quickly and does a great job reading his blocks. He's vastly better than Bradshaw on the goal line. I love Bradshaw but he dances a lot in the backfield which slows his progress getting up the field. Brown has great hands as well, plus it's my opinion that he's a better pass blocker than Bradshaw.

Ultimately, I think Coughlin will give the best RB more carries and after a game and a half, Andre Brown makes the offense much more dynamic. What do you guys think?
    I think Andre Brown is giving our team a nice option at RB, and I agree he seems to be playing better than Bradshaw, but ironically the O-Line has magically become a whole different unit and Bradshaw did not really get to experience it. I would have liked to see what Bradshaw could have done with some of the blocking last night. The one thing I will disagree with you about Brown is that he is a better pass blocker. It is well known that Bradshaw is one of if not the best pass blocking RB in the NFL. That is a big reason why Coughlin values Bradshaw so highly, because he trusts him to protect #10. Brown actually had a few missed blocks last night if I am not mistaken. I can only recall one off the top of my head, but there may have been more.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner