+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1

    Mr. Mara, it's time to make a phone call!!

    You and the other 31 owners need to call Goodell and get the refs back. You are one of the most influential owners in the sport. This is not Goodell's fault. He is employed by the 32 owners of the NFL. He is fighting your fight. You and your counterparts have the power to end this. Last night's fiasco could easily happen to us or any other team.

    You guys raise your prices every year, and now you are providing an inferior product to your customers. Get this done! Your comissioner's favorite line is "protect the integrity of the game". Clearly right now, the almighty dollar is more important than the integrity of the game.

  2. #2
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,665
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    You and the other 31 owners need to call Goodell and get the refs back. You are one of the most influential owners in the sport. This is not Goodell's fault. He is employed by the 32 owners of the NFL. He is fighting your fight. You and your counterparts have the power to end this. Last night's fiasco could easily happen to us or any other team. You guys raise your prices every year, and now you are providing an inferior product to your customers. Get this done! Your comissioner's favorite line is "protect the integrity of the game". Clearly right now, the almighty dollar is more important than the integrity of the game.
    The Giants haven't raised their ticket prices in three years
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #3
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,801
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The Giants haven't raised their ticket prices in three years
    thats because they were high enough already not too.......lol
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The Giants haven't raised their ticket prices in three years
    Did they raise the price of concessions or merchandise, or the priced of the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think it was pretty clear that I wasnt talking specifically about the Giants here. It's an NFL issue, and this is all about the owners wanting a bigger piece of the pie in their pocket. Maybe not Mara specifically but the owners in general.

  5. #5
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,343
    until actual fans realize they can change this dispute, the NFL is going to stick to its guns.

    unless we're willing to say, collectively and with increasing numbers, that we're not going to tune in to watch the games, the NFL is going to do whatever the hell it wants. And for greater clarity, that's wait until the refs back down on their contract demands.

  6. #6
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,801
    Pay the ****ing Refs already.......please.
    These games are a joke. Too many flags and too much BS.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #7
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,801
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    until actual fans realize they can change this dispute, the NFL is going to stick to its guns.

    unless we're willing to say, collectively and with increasing numbers, that we're not going to tune in to watch the games, the NFL is going to do whatever the hell it wants. And for greater clarity, that's wait until the refs back down on their contract demands.
    the fans wont change anything like you said...
    its the owners that have to say lets get it done......their teams are being maybe to look silly. Time to pay the refs.....very simple....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  8. #8
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,582
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The Giants haven't raised their ticket prices in three years
    Funny. In 2008 I got some good seats for about 130 bucks. I tried to get about the same seats this year and they were averaging 300+ dollars.

    In other news Victor Cruz is about to be on Dan Patrick
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

  9. #9
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,343
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    the fans wont change anything like you said...
    its the owners that have to say lets get it done......their teams are being maybe to look silly. Time to pay the refs.....very simple....
    the owners aren't going to stand up and say anything either. at the end of the day the overwhelming majority of them are businessmen, and they understand what's at stake with this contract dispute, and its not the money, its the fact that if the NFL caves the refs will have established a precident that says the NFL has no bargining power every time there's a ref contract dispute.

    if the NFL backs down now, what do you think the refs will do when the next contract comes up? There's no WAy the back down from any of their demands, and all they'll have to do to sell it to get the support of the fans is say, "see, we're only asking for a $5 million increase when the NFL brought in $3 billion in TV revenue"

    until it starts hurting viewership, there's literally no incentive for the NFL to settle this dispute.

  10. #10
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,665
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thats because they were high enough already not too.......lol
    Smart aas
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts