+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Eagles' Trent Cole: A deer is a better athlete than ELi Manning

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/25/...n-eli-manning/

Excerpt: "It's now week four of the NFL season, and that means the first matchup between the New York Giants andPhiladelphia Eagles is on tap. It also means that the back-and-forth chit-chat is due to begin, and Eagles defensive end Trent Cole wasted no time in firing the first shot.
    While appearing on "Eagles Unscripted" -a Saturday night show on PHL 17- Cole was asked which would be easier to catch and release: a deer or Giants quarterback Eli Manning?Well, the obvious answer is a deer, so the attempt at humor truly failed. However, Cole took it a bit further and didn't miss his opportunity for a swipe at Easy-E.

Eli Manning vs. a deer?” Cole replied, “I can tell you the deer would be a better athlete.”

In terms of trash talk, this is about as tame and ridiculous as it gets. But hey, who hasn't seen a deer evade a sack and toss a bomb to David Tyree on third-and-five, extending the drive that would eventually win Super Bowl XLII?" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Wow.
    At least we don't have a quarterback who's as dumb as a deer.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 09-25-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Uh..go Giants?

Ya dont say Trent?

This is way to stupid to make anyone mad

I think Eli can handle KG offense better then a deer.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/25/...n-eli-manning/

Excerpt: "It's now week four of the NFL season, and that means the first matchup between the New York Giants andPhiladelphia Eagles is on tap. It also means that the back-and-forth chit-chat is due to begin, and Eagles defensive end Trent Cole wasted no time in firing the first shot.
    While appearing on "Eagles Unscripted" -a Saturday night show on PHL 17- Cole was asked which would be easier to catch and release: a deer or Giants quarterback Eli Manning?Well, the obvious answer is a deer, so the attempt at humor truly failed. However, Cole took it a bit further and didn't miss his opportunity for a swipe at Easy-E.

Eli Manning vs. a deer?” Cole replied, “I can tell you the deer would be a better athlete.”

In terms of trash talk, this is about as tame and ridiculous as it gets. But hey, who hasn't seen a deer evade a sack and toss a bomb to David Tyree on third-and-five, extending the drive that would eventually win Super Bowl XLII?" Read more...

I am not sure I understand what Cole is saying.........I get the impression he is trying to insult Eli as an athlete.....But this is a ridiculous comparison.....A deer is far more athletic than any human....they just lack the thought process to put it to anything other than survival.....Most animals are way more athletic than people......If you could organize a deer to cooperate and do what the combine asks of our athletes it would embarrass everyone it competed against......In summary this is just a stupid statement made by someone trying to talk trash and not being very good at it
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

You can do better than that Trent. I mean really? Is this supposed to be trash talk?
    Oh and by the way, thanks for the extra motivation for the Giants. Every player on the team has Eli's back 100% I expect the o-line to be extra chippy this Sunday Night.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Starter
    Whatever we will do our talking on the field Sunday night...

all i know, when a defensive guy singles eli out before a matchup, it doesnt end up pretty for that guy. See Ronde Barber.

And i love how cole discusses this in the first place. is he too sta sta staupid to realize his own qb sucks balls. hes a great athlete, and sucks at qb. eli goes off for 4 tds and 400 yds in a 2 score win

Well, deers are more mobile and able to escape pressure from the pocket...

Or are we talking about the original definition of an athlete?
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF