+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I prefer to keep these refs

I prefer to keep these refs

Give them some more time, they will improve. At least we know these refs are incompetent but they don't have some sort of bias.

Weren't we all complaining about the refs last year and how one sided they were? We got shafted against GB during the regular season and then they tried to do the same in the playoffs but we didn't give them a chance. It was so clear to us how bias they were and some here were even claimed they could have been bribed. So many pathetic calls (OSI late hit, Jennings fumble, etc.)

ESPN has a clear agenda against these refs. They don't want to see Arizona 3-0 and the Saints 0-3. They don't want to see the Pack 1-2 and Seattle 2-1. They didn't say a single word against the Pack when they beat us in NY. I am tired of seeing these analysts take shots against these refs but stayed silent last year when everything was going in the cash cow teams favor.

These referees might suck right now, but at least they don't CHEAT.

I agreed with you until last night when I saw Green Bay just get screwed by the refs. As bad as the regulars are I have to believe that would have gotten that one right.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I agreed with you until last night when I saw Green Bay just get screwed by the refs. As bad as the regulars are I have to believe that would have gotten that one right.
    Well I mean Greg Jennings clearly fumbled against us last year in the playoffs. Refs also reviewed it yet they still didn't overturn it. I'm sure they would have gotten it right last night though, Vegas ended up losing so much money.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Give them some more time, they will improve. At least we know these refs are incompetent but they don't have some sort of bias.

Weren't we all complaining about the refs last year and how one sided they were? We got shafted against GB during the regular season and then they tried to do the same in the playoffs but we didn't give them a chance. It was so clear to us how bias they were and some here were even claimed they could have been bribed. So many pathetic calls (OSI late hit, Jennings fumble, etc.)

ESPN has a clear agenda against these refs. They don't want to see Arizona 3-0 and the Saints 0-3. They don't want to see the Pack 1-2 and Seattle 2-1. They didn't say a single word against the Pack when they beat us in NY. I am tired of seeing these analysts take shots against these refs but stayed silent last year when everything was going in the cash cow teams favor.

Yup I was posting about this last night after the MNF game with similar thoughts. No sympathy for the Packers from me. I agree with you about ESPN 100%.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

"At least we know these refs are incompetent but they don't have some sort of bias."

The problem is they are biased, one of them was a Saints fan, another had a player on his fantasy team. Not sure if any are Giants fans...

again, most of the people that complained about the refs said that the NFL was fixed and biased towards the Packers, which didn't make any sense at the time and makes even less sense now (if that's possible).

no group of refs are perfect, but there's one group that does a far better job than the other, and there's a number of examples (not of botched calls, but botched games on multiple levels, accuracy, consistency, pace, outright misunderstanding of the rules vs. mistakes in judgement) that show the group that sitting at home right now is far better for the game.

if you've noticed anything yet, it's that primetime games freak these new guys out, and it certainly looks like they end up on the home side of primetime games.

so if you're not freaked out by how these refs call a game, you should be. Seattle Green Bay is 1/10th the intensity of Giants/Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Yup I was posting about this last night after the MNF game with similar thoughts. No sympathy for the Packers from me. I agree with you about ESPN 100%.
    I don't really follow the conspiracy theory though. Why does ESPN care what record green bay has?

Last night it seemed like NFL net initially was trying to inexplicably take the side of the scabs but then Mariucci came on and straighted everyone out. The NFL wants the scabs to do well...I don't see why ESPN cares either way.

im not gonna entertain this thought. are you ****ing serious
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Greg Ballard's Knee...........the Packers got some payback last night......they have enough favoritism.....they should suck it up and go on like we did

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Obviously you didn't watch the opening game against the cowboys they held our WR's especially CRUZ every chance they had and the REF's didn't throw anything. After this game I guess the NFL said they nned to be more aggressive in throwing flags for PI and calling hold penalties as you can see there have been more PI and holding penalties since 1990.

+ Reply to Thread