+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I prefer to keep these refs

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Greg Ballard's Knee
    Jake Ballard?

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

I think the fact that a deal has not yet been reached is proof in itself that the usual refs call a fair game. If the normal refs really were ever paid to make games go a certain way, it would be the ultimate bargaining tool for the refs to get a new and better deal. Can you imagine the fallout for the NFL if a ref came forward and admitted to being bribed..... if this was truly the case, the refs would have a new deal months before the old one expired.
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I don't really follow the conspiracy theory though. Why does ESPN care what record green bay has?

Last night it seemed like NFL net initially was trying to inexplicably take the side of the scabs but then Mariucci came on and straighted everyone out. The NFL wants the scabs to do well...I don't see why ESPN cares either way.
    Why does ESPN have that bias? Who knows. ESPN has a crush on Rodgers and how explosive their offense can be. They like QB's that run around and make plays out of the pocket. They always drooll all over themselves when talking about Romo, Rodgers, Vick, RG3 and other non-traditional pocket passers. Not sure why that is the case but it is clear they have that bias. Not sure how anyone doesn't see that when watching their analysis.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Why does ESPN have that bias? Who knows. ESPN has a crush on Rodgers and how explosive their offense can be. They like QB's that run around and make plays out of the pocket. They always drooll all over themselves when talking about Romo, Rodgers, Vick, RG3 and other non-traditional pocket passers. Not sure why that is the case but it is clear they have that bias. Not sure how anyone doesn't see that when watching their analysis.
    So you're saying the analysts at ESPN get excited over big plays and players who make big plays? I wouldn't really call that a bias and I don't see anything wrong with it.

All-Pro
    Greg Ballard's Knee...........the Packers got some payback last night......they have enough favoritism.....they should suck it up and go on like we did
    who is Greg Ballard????
    try Jake
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by CruzSoldier View Post
    Obviously you didn't watch the opening game against the cowboys they held our WR's especially CRUZ every chance they had and the REF's didn't throw anything. After this game I guess the NFL said they nned to be more aggressive in throwing flags for PI and calling hold penalties as you can see there have been more PI and holding penalties since 1990.
    No son, I did watch the opening game vs the cowgirls. I already said they suck but also mentioned that they are making more calls now than in week 1. They have improved and will get better. The old refs probably had bribes going on. I wouldn't doubt it. The way they called both our games vs the packers were clearly fishy.

Greg Ballard's Knee...........the Packers got some payback last night......they have enough favoritism.....they should suck it up and go on like we did
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jake+Ballard
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    No son, I did watch the opening game vs the cowgirls. I already said they suck but also mentioned that they are making more calls now than in week 1. They have improved and will get better. The old refs probably had bribes going on. I wouldn't doubt it. The way they called both our games vs the packers were clearly fishy.
    more calls??? to tsay the least. They are calling too much BS. Dude they are not at the level they need to be and they wont be.
    Its a disaster......and its getting worse instead of better. If you see it differently then you are wayching different games then I am
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I don't see them improving at all...The way I see it they keep getting worse and worse. This is not the league for some of these officials to learn on the job in. Someone is going to get seriously hurt...seriously hurt with these amateurs running around playing at being NFL caliber refs. On Sunday when one of them actually threw his hat into the field of play {and for what?...God only knows} and that cowgirl slipped on in..the player could have wrecked a knee, pulled a groin what have you...Basic frigging fundamentals these guys do not know.. NO THANK YOU.....Give me the devils I know.

Actually these replacement refs can be plenty bias, incredulously so, I still can't believe one of them was a diehard Saints fan (and expressed his fandom publicly) and was this close to reffing the Saints game and another in the Eagles game actually told Shady McCoy during the game that he had to do well because he was on his fantasy team.

+ Reply to Thread