+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: I know you guys were happy

  1. #51
    By the way. Do I agree you were robbed? Yes. However people in media and fans keep saying gb was aided several times on same drive to get down to that last play. Incorrect. It was the prior drive that ended with a fourth down drop by Tate in endzone. Sure gb could of took over and changed field position had the roughing call not been made or the sideline bogus PI. But remember oh all 3 packers scoring drives they were aided when drives were kept alive by questionable calls. So it goes both ways
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  2. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,395
    I haven't read the rest so if I am being redundant, I apologize.

    When I first saw that play, my initial reaction was simultaneous possession. I thought it was a TD. (I was hoping for Seattle to win, so I may have been biased.) However, even after watching the replay, I was still not totally convinced that it was a cut and dried INT.

    Stuff happens, though, and if something like this can cause the Pack to give-up and go home, then they were never championship caliber to begin with. IMO, part of being a pro is being able to accept adversity and feed off it rather than crumble.

    I believe that if you would have asked anyone right before the last play, "Who deserves to win this game?", a majority of people would've said Seattle, based mostly on what they did in the 1st half. If you play poorly enough to allow it to come down to that, then you deserve whatever happens.
    Last edited by GCGiant; 09-26-2012 at 06:50 AM.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    I haven't read the rest so if I am being redundant, I apologize.

    When I first saw that play, my initial reaction was simultaneous possession. I thought it was a TD. (I was hoping for Seattle to win, so I may have been biased.) However, even after watching the replay, I was still not totally convinced that it was a cut and dried INT.

    Stuff happens, though, and if something like this can cause the Pack to give-up and go home, then they were never championship caliber to begin with. IMO, part of being a pro is being able to accept adversity and feed off it rather than crumble.

    I believe that if you would have asked anyone right before the last play, "Who deserves to win this game?", a majority of people would've said Seattle, based mostly on what they did in the 1st half. If you play poorly enough to allow it to come down to that, then you deserve whatever happens.
    That's what I've said all along, score more than 12 points, it was the Seahawks.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    That's what I've said all along, score more than 12 points, it was the Seahawks.
    I get your point. But it is one of the harder places to win in NFL. loudest outdoor stadium. most teams go up there and have trouble
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  5. #55
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Dont worry the Giants will be 2-2 after Sunday night. Philly on the road, a team that OWNS you. I still love the Eagles for the gift they gave us. Miracle at the meadowlands in your house that got us in the playoffs.
    they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  6. #56
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Dont worry the Giants will be 2-2 after Sunday night. Philly on the road, a team that OWNS you. I still love the Eagles for the gift they gave us. Miracle at the meadowlands in your house that got us in the playoffs.
    You are correct, the Eagles have been a thorn in our sides in recent history.

    But you need to worry about a desperate New Orleans team trying to get their first win. By the way, I will be rooting for the Bears Monday night to beat the Cowboys, You better hope the Packers win Sunday. Should they lose and the Bears win, you guys will be looking up from the cellar in the NFC North. Fortunate for the Packers though that they beat the Bears in week 2.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    I could care less. I know you guys dont like us. We dont like you either. I personally love that were hated. We were robbed of a game. Pretty soon were going to have a brawl break out in the league similar to the Pistons Pacers brawl in 2004. It will happen if this crap continues.
    Rodgers12, none of the Giants fans, players, coaches, front office etc made that call. We were innocent bystanders just like you were. It happened. Suck it up. You have no reason to say we HATE you or the pack. You say you are cheering for the Eagles, why not go post on their board?

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    589
    Hope the Cowboys beat the Bears obviously it will help us and hurt the Giants at the same time.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Hope the Cowboys beat the Bears obviously it will help us and hurt the Giants at the same time.
    C'mon. I know you are upset about the call. You are afraid your team won't bounce back and will go spiralling downward because of it. I don't think so. The Pack are fighters.

    After our first loss this season I was sick, real sick. Didn't want to be around anyone. I still want to squish an ant when I think about it. No good will that do. We lost, nothing can take that away. But I can somehow bring myself out of my self pity and reengage. It's about all that is available, Rodgers12. You can do it. Your guys will make you proud again. You have got to shake your gloom. Happy Trails.

  10. #60
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Ask me if i care? Every weekend is a new thread on how you congratulate us and how you have some sort of excuse for your loss.

    Personally, I want to like you, because I don't mind sports talk, but every darn weekend.....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts