+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Were the refs right on the Greenbay Seattle Catch?.. Please Clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    This is only a big deal because it happened to the almighty Aaron Rodgers. If it had happened against the Seahawks, the media would say "ah human error... it happens."
    Yeah I wonder what would happen if it happened the other way around....good point.

I enjoyed the game.....could care less who won. It was fun to watch.

My father once told me when I was a kid- don't believe everything you read in the newspapers.......The Seahawks had a piece of the ball too
    What constitutes a simultaneous catch? The Sub ref stomping has to stop......its soooooooooooooo booooooooooring........how quickly how we forget how
    biased and bad the "real Refs" were.........I like the loungerie guys........they dont call a gazillion holding calls off the ball

It almost makes you want to hear about Joe Paterno 24 hours a day for 5 months again

I guess so, NFL reviewed and made it final.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    They missed the PI, but it was a simultaneous catch. I say it is a fair call and could have gone either way. If simultaneous catch would be a reviewable thing, the call also would have stood as called on the field because I saw no evidence that said otherwise.

SORRY DUDE....YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG ... just curious...what kind of coke bottle were you watching the game through?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieBlue View Post
    SORRY DUDE....YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG ... just curious...what kind of coke bottle were you watching the game through?
    We are trying to discuss this like civilized people, please express your viewpoint in football terms without insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by MaekloTau View Post
    We are trying to discuss this like civilized people, please express your viewpoint in football terms without insulting.

That was civilized. Simple question. Sorry if its humor came off as insulting. Its just BEYOND ridiculous to say that was simultaneous possession. (ACCORDING TO VIDEO EVIDENCE AND THE DEFINITION OF THAT TERM ACCORDING TO THE NFL)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    I guess so, NFL reviewed and made it final.
    the NFL has to cover their *****es because this season is in jeopardy of losing credibility. If they had said tyrees catch in the superbowl was incomplete would that make it so? i think not.

I actually thought that it was reasonable to call it a simultaneous catch. At the point where Tate got both feet on the ground, he had both hands on the ball just as securely as Jennings...when they both finally hit the ground, Jennings twisted to try to wring the ball away from Tate, and if Tate did not have a good grasp on the ball, he would have lost contact with the ball completely at that point. Questionable? Maybe...but if that was the call on the field, the replay did not show enough to overturn it.

That said, they missed the blatant PI on Tate before they all jumped...the real refs probably would have called it an interception simply to make the outcome of the game correct (since the PI was not reviewable)...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    I actually thought that it was reasonable to call it a simultaneous catch. At the point where Tate got both feet on the ground, he had both hands on the ball just as securely as Jennings...when they both finally hit the ground, Jennings twisted to try to wring the ball away from Tate, and if Tate did not have a good grasp on the ball, he would have lost contact with the ball completely at that point. Questionable? Maybe...but if that was the call on the field, the replay did not show enough to overturn it.

That said, they missed the blatant PI on Tate before they all jumped...the real refs probably would have called it an interception simply to make the outcome of the game correct (since the PI was not reviewable)...
    Rule 8 - Section 3 - Article 1 - Item 5: Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

WATCH AGAIN. read the rule. that was totally not simultaneous since TAINT had no initial control. case closed.

c'mon man since when does catching an arm count as possession? INTERCEPTION.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread