+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Were the refs right on the Greenbay Seattle Catch?.. Please Clarify

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    Does the person catching the ball need to get both feet on the ground for it to be ruled a catch or INT? If so, Tate had both hands grasping the ball and both feet on the ground first...
    Yes but this is not the issue of concern. The only issue of concern is who gained "control" of the football first. The completer act of catching the ball and obtaining control of the ball are two different things. Please see my response to EddieBlue above.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    That is what makes it muddy enough for me. Define "catch" and "control".
    Catch: the full act of catching the ball meaning from the moment you gain control (see below for definition) to when you get 2 feet in and go to the ground etc. THIS IS NOT AN INSTANTANEOUS MOMENT.

Gaining control IS an instantaneous moment in time. Control is gained the moment you have the ball in your hand or hands without it moving around or wiggling. Control can be gained on a weakly grasped one handed finger catch away from the body just as much as it can on a strong 2-handed near the body. There are no degrees of control. You cannot have "more control" than another player.

I hope this is helpful.

Banned
    If the Giants get screwed like this I will laugh my butt off. I can see the Eagles beating you guys sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    If the Giants get screwed like this I will laugh my butt off. I can see the Eagles beating you guys sunday night.
    What happened to Mr nice guy Packer fan? Seems like you're showing your true colors now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    What happened to Mr nice guy Packer fan? Seems like you're showing your true colors now.
    I will be doing the Eagles chant loudly sunday night.

As always your kindness is just too much.

must suck to be you. Arron doublecheck rodgers getting manhandled ...losing first round of the playoffs to us last year...seahawks working yall ....glad you picked the eagles....BET BIG TOO!!

It's not like this hasn't happened to the Giants before...see Greg Jennings' "touchdown" last December...

Banned
    We were screwed like this by the refs in our regular season GB game last year.......photographic evidence clearly showed Ballard's knee was in for a TD.

We are morphing into total powerhouse, so the Eagles are not a huge concern, to be honest. We'll be seeing you guys on 11/25 in the Meadowlands.
    I do not think you will be laughing too much afterwards. We'll see.......you guys appear to have severe Oline problems

Banned
    What happened in the 2011 playoffs.....did you guys "beat yourselves" LOL

+ Reply to Thread