+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Parcells on new refs....

basically just said that teams are starting to use this as an excuse to lose and should prepare accordingly for the team they are facing but as soon as something doesn't go their way they use it as an excuse. He said it is a level playing field for everyone right now with the new refs like or not you still have to play the team your facing. He went on to say this is not the first time this has happened replacement refs or old and won't be the last. I love Parcells but there has to be a change I get what he's saying but we need the old crew back. The old refs may have played favorites but they didn't lose control of the game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    basically just said that teams are starting to use this as an excuse to lose and should prepare accordingly for the team they are facing but as soon as something doesn't go their way they use it as an excuse. He said it is a level playing field for everyone right now with the new refs like or not you still have to play the team your facing. He went on to say this is not the first time this has happened replacement refs or old and won't be the last. I love Parcells but there has to be a change I get what he's saying but we need the old crew back. The old refs may have played favorites but they didn't lose control of the game.
    One reason the replacement refs loose control is because the players and coaches do not respect them, for the most part.

The Tuna knows what he's talking about.

@njersey

So, maybe those players and coaches should be, y'know, mature and/or professional? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by njersey View Post
    One reason the replacement refs loose control is because the players and coaches do not respect them, for the most part.
    This is true every week it like at least 2 to 3 coaches get fined for attacking the refs but he does make a great point about this whole thing that when teams start losing they already have this built in excuse instead of what they didn't do right. The call on GB last night was horrible but GB should have not been in that position in the 1st place. I know Seattle D is legit but GB with the weapons they have and their coach didn't make adjustments till the second half and they left it in the refs hands and it burned them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
    The Tuna knows what he's talking about.

@njersey

So, maybe those players and coaches should be, y'know, mature and/or professional? hmmm
    Yeah I think everyone in the NFL is to blame they already know how these refs are and everyone tries to take advantage instead of just playing their game and doing what they are best at... that is why I love the Giants from the HC down they just go about their business no matter what happens.

You'lll never see the winning team complain about the refs on the game they win. That's for sure... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    These are not the "NEW" refs.....they are temporary replacement refs!!! I agree with Bill here. I prefer the pro's but teams need to adjust and quit making excuses....the Giants get screwed by the refs all the time (even the pro refs) if youstick around you will read about it after every game...I complain right along with everyone, but I still know, teams have to adjust.

Part time employees making over 6 figures do not deserve a guaranteed pension. Simple as that. I'm siding with the NFL.

Its like NO ONE wants to think about the real issue at hand. Yeah, the games are sometimes hard to watch, blah blah....all this is getting lost in what is actually happening...a NEGOTIATION. Its not as simple as "oh, lets bring back the old refs, now!" cmon guys...

Quote Originally Posted by hungrrrry View Post
    These are not the "NEW" refs.....they are temporary replacement refs!!! I agree with Bill here. I prefer the pro's but teams need to adjust and quit making excuses....the Giants get screwed by the refs all the time (even the pro refs) if youstick around you will read about it after every game...I complain right along with everyone, but I still know, teams have to adjust.
    It is kinda of getting sickening with all the Packers complaining and using it as a legitimate excuse but.... man you should've heard Aaron Rodgers today on the radio just going on and on.