+ Reply to Thread

PFT Week 3 Power Rankings

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ngs-3/related/

Excerpt: "1. Texans (five first-place votes): Like the SIjinx and the Madden curse, being at the top of this poll has led to three losses (Packers, Patriots, 49ers) in three weeks.
    2. Ravens: The field goal was good. The team is very good.3. Falcons: They still won’t be taken seriously until they win a game in January. This year, they could win a game in February, too.4. 49ers: Randy Moss needs to change his trademark saying to “I play when they want me to play.”5. Giants: Every team says “next man up.” Few teams have the depth to pull it off." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Falcons, another year they'll be bounced out of the first round in the playoffs

Chargers rank is way too low. They started 2-0, lost to a really good Falcons team, and now suddenly are below the middle of the pack? Cardinals should probably be ranked above us for the moment beating better teams as well.

I'm fine with the statement about the Giants. Although I think the reigning superbowl champs could have been placed in the top 3. No way I would place Baltimore that high right now after Brady shredded their defense with ease along with a loss to the Eagles. The comment "24. Buccaneers: Crashing victory formation provides a nice diversion from a loss." takes home the prize. lol

the Giants are ranked where they need to be.

if they can maintain this position for 10 more weeks then ascend to the top by week 17.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Chargers rank is way too low. They started 2-0, lost to a really good Falcons team, and now suddenly are below the middle of the pack? Cardinals should probably be ranked above us for the moment beating better teams as well.
    It would've been hard not to bump them down a ton after seeing that game.

The Falcons made the Chargers look worse than we made the Panthers look. It was that bad

Quote Originally Posted by SackingMyths View Post
    It would've been hard not to bump them down a ton after seeing that game.

The Falcons made the Chargers look worse than we made the Panthers look. It was that bad
    It was a bad game sure but under the Jets, Bengals, and Bills? A bit excessive imo.

Seahawks were to high as well....

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It was a bad game sure but under the Jets, Bengals, and Bills? A bit excessive imo.
    You're right, that's a bit much and I'll agree they should definitely be above those 3...esp. with Revis on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    I'm fine with the statement about the Giants. Although I think the reigning superbowl champs could have been placed in the top 3. No way I would place Baltimore that high right now after Brady shredded their defense with ease along with a loss to the Eagles. The comment "24. Buccaneers: Crashing victory formation provides a nice diversion from a loss." takes home the prize. lol
    I'm fine with the Giants as well and I also believe that the Ravens are rated too high. I think experts put too much stock in that team every single year. They're good, but I don't think they're a SB-caliber.