+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Blood Is In The Water, Do The Giants Smell It ?

  1. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's all about the pass-rush?

    The season opener against the Cowboys says other-wise. Don't act like the secondary doesn't count for something.
    BINGO!
    Why more people can't appreciate how much our secondary is OVER PERFORMING is beyond me, considering the injuries and inexperience we have.

    The D-Line has no excuse when they under perform, however.

  2. #12
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Baltimore has given up 67 points so far, Cleveland 75, and Arizona only 40.

    The Giants have given up 65...

    Not sure your point makes any sense whatsoever.
    And the 49ers have given up 65 points. The Giants defense is equally as good as the 9ers defense, right?

  3. #13
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    hey Nte its all about the passrush. a secondary is only as good as the front four. Thats the way the Giants do it.

    But then again the cowboys wouldn't know how to build a winning team....
    That's a chicken before the egg conundrum. I've seen plenty of teams whose secondary makes up for their front four also

    The best defenses are strong all the way around.

  4. #14
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    27,204
    if the Giants ***** slap the Eagles this weekend then yes.....they smell the blood. If they take a dumpo then they are the blood.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  5. #15
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's all about the pass-rush?

    The season opener against the Cowboys says other-wise. Don't act like the secondary doesn't count for something.
    first game of the season bro. Giants always suck the beginning of the season. to me, using that as an example is an anomaly.

    How about how well they've done these past few games?? yeah no one likes to mention that........

  6. #16
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    The best defenses are strong all the way around.
    Yeah, and depending on how their d-line gets to the QB decides if they win the game or not. Common knowledge if you have all day to throw, it doesn't matter how good you are back there.

    A team like the Ravens was getting shredded by Michael Vick cuz he had plenty of time in the pocket.

    This team's secondary was getting blasted last year and we won a SB because of our D-line play making our backend look good.

    It is all about the D-line by and large.

  7. #17
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Yeah, and depending on how their d-line gets to the QB decides if they win the game or not. Common knowledge if you have all day to throw, it doesn't matter how good you are back there.

    A team like the Ravens was getting shredded by Michael Vick cuz he had plenty of time in the pocket.

    This team's secondary was getting blasted last year and we won a SB because of our D-line play making our backend look good.

    It is all about the D-line by and large.
    True, if you have all day to throw, it doesn't matter how good the secondary is, someone will get open. But this is the NFL, and no offensive line can block all day as well. There are teams that can create plenty of coverage sacks and the front 7 benefits from the d-line. It's not the best way to build your team and it's certainly not all that common, but it's definitely possible.

    True, your defense is D-line heavy and weaker on the back end. However, the Giants pass rush isn't exactly performing all that well so far this season. It is the Eagles defense who has the better pass rush (and better secondary on top of that). LB play is a wash thus far.

    But it's a divisional game. All bets are off at any rate. No point in really diving into the the ins and outs of matchups in this game.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    You really need to lighten up and not take things so seriously. I'm not a predictor of the future. I'm just a football fan who tunes in each week and sees what happens. So EddieBlueKreskin take your predictions and stick 'em where only your boyfriend will find them.

    Obviously your NOT a predictor of the future. Also take your homo rhetoric someplace else.....k? I'm dating your mom.

  9. #19
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    first game of the season bro. Giants always suck the beginning of the season. to me, using that as an example is an anomaly.

    How about how well they've done these past few games?? yeah no one likes to mention that........

    Josh Freeman actually still ripped the secondary apart.


    Giants were much superior defense against the Panthers because our D-line went through their O-line like it was swizz cheese.

    If you think our secondary has been good, good for you.

  10. #20
    Go Eagles Baby!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts