+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants prepare for Eagles knowing every game is important

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/25...all/in/3169859

Excerpt: "
    Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is entering his third season as the starter for the team, and the Giants have grown accustomed to what damage he can do on the field. Last year Vick dealt with injuries, but defensive end Justin Tuck still views Vick as a dangerous quarterback to not take for granted.

"I saw some plays in [the Arizona Cardinals] game where [Vick] still looked the same and he got out of the pocket and started running," said Tuck. "I think he's had some injuries on the O-Line and he's getting some clean shots at him and obviously that's going to take a toll on any player, not only him. I think he's still one of the most dangerous people on the football field." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Every game IS important, and Vick IS a dangerous QB. Detractors can nail him all they want, but they guy is fully capable of throwing for 400 yards and running for 80 more in 1 game. I think that the Giants are a better team than the Eagles, but they are dangerous and so is Vick.

Would be nice to not just win 1 game, but sweep the season series for the first time since 2007.

lets not get ahead of ourselves lol. this week the giants have a long break to prepare, so theyll be well rested and have a good game plan practiced to a tee. II'm confident

The G'men had success last week containing a very mobile QB who likes to run, the problem is that Vick's is spontaneous and when things break down in the passing game he can turn it on. They have passed for over 900 yds in their first three games and run for over 300. The numbers say that Vick is still a serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    The G'men had success last week containing a very mobile QB who likes to run, the problem is that Vick's is spontaneous and when things break down in the passing game he can turn it on. They have passed for over 900 yds in their first three games and run for over 300. The numbers say that Vick is still a serious threat.
    Agreed, and Vick will be feeling the pressure to have a great game as his turnovers have caused some obvious angst and less than confident public statements from Reid. I'm hoping that actually compounds what he does when pressured externally and adds a few more turnovers.

All-Pro
    Vick is much more dangerous than Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Vick is much more dangerous than Newton.
    not this season so far.......
    not taking anything for granted but its game 4 and he is already beat up and looking out of sync with the offense....
    I thkn the Gemn see a heavy dose of Shady and unless they can stop him the Eagle will run run run this sunday. Not their MO but they have no choice right now. Vick is 1 hit away from being carted off.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    RoanokeFan-They made you a moderator? What is the world coming to? Who is still on here? I don't see any harooni posts of recent. Moorehead?

Vick is a dangerous player and many people here would probably disagree because they are in denial. I am worried about this game, even if I think the giants can pull out a victory, but this is a division game and no division game is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Vick is a dangerous player and many people here would probably disagree because they are in denial. I am worried about this game, even if I think the giants can pull out a victory, but this is a division game and no division game is easy.
    IA Moke about not underestimating a division rival- especially the Eagles. Game Time also makes a good point about Shady. He was under-utilized last game and Vick took another pounding. Tuck seemed to have a good perspective on stopping the run as the usual priority.