+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quitting smoking advice

Quitting smoking advice

Idk if anyone will see this or if i can even talk about this on here but i figured id turn to some of my big blue nrothers and sisters for some advice. I am quitting tonight at midnight (set the date like a month ago) and wanted to know if anyone else on here has quit. If so, how'd you do it? I'm doing it cold turkey. Whats the best way to get over the urges? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A similar thread was posted last year. As someone who has never smoked I can't really give you advice on the subject but my advice to you is stay strong, never give in even when temptation is there.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    A similar thread was posted last year. As someone who has never smoked I can't really give you advice on the subject but my advice to you is stay strong, never give in even when temptation is there.
    Thanks for the reply man

Quote Originally Posted by nygfan90 View Post
    Thanks for the reply man
    Just man up, it's your life, take control, stop making excuses, yea it's going to be a rough 2 weeks but you'll be glad you did.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

All-Pro
    wish I could help you, I haven't smoked for three years but I dip snuff these days "absolutely not advising you to do what I do" ....Guess I'm weak...but my lungs are shot and smoking is just not an option any more....emphysema ...With that being said It wasn't easy even with the use of the snuff...I just made my mind up I wasn't going to smoke again..I still miss the damn things.. when you have the cravings make yourself busy,eat somethig,talk to somebody just don't smoke no matter what happens ..... Good luck man

I really appreciate it guys. Smoked my last one an hour ago!

Banned
    Just think about all the money you'll save. I need to follow suit but I drive a 18 wheeler and that road be stressing me out. I might smoke 10 cigs all weekend but when I'm in that truck, I'll smoke about 10 in an 8 hr shift. I did quit before for a year back in 01 but I moved to VA where cigs were cheap at and I relapsed.

Now I'm in CT spending 9 bucks every other day, sometimes consecutive days on a stupid addiction. I hope it works out for you and I'm glad I read this post because I may follow suit... stay strong and think about that vacation you're gonna take with all that money you're saving.

Veteran
    Strong luck to both of you guys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Strong luck to both of you guys.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Thank you.
    Thanks man and goodluck to you too! Going on my second night without one! Yeah it sucks sometime, but whenever i get the urge i eat sunflower seeds. My dad also drives a truck and tries to quit every now and then and he said the best thing to do when you want one is to chow down on some seeds. So far so good! I know it sucks sitting in one spot driving but drink lots of water and occupy your mind with something else. If you really wanna quit, you can do it! ya gotta bELIeve lol

+ Reply to Thread