View Poll Results: Will Eli be able to Pass for more than 200 yds against the Eagles D?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 200 yds

47 94.00%
  • 200 yds or less

3 6.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Will the G'men be able to throw on the Eagles?

Just taking a look at the stats:

Browns: 111 yds Passing
    Ravens: 232 yds Passing
    Cards: 193 yds Passing

Pretty stingy, Flacco in his first three games had 299 in a win against the Bengals, 232 vs the Egirls, and 382 vs the Pats. Could Eli be in trouble this week?

Will the Giants be able to Pass for more than 200 yds this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post

Pretty stingy, Flacco in his first three games had 299 in a win against the Bengals, 232 vs the Egirls, and 382 vs the Pats. Could Eli be in trouble this week?

I think that the run game might be used to set up the pass this week. If Brown and Bradshaw can run for 125 to 150 yards combined, I can see the Eli and the Giants being able to get 230 to 250 passing yards. The O-line will have their hands full with the Eagles front 4, but our O-line has been starting to gel more the passed 2 games.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

All-Pro
    Yes. Eli will have 300/350 and 4tds
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

How do you compare the those teams to Eli and his recieving corp???
    The Giants will be able to throw vs the eagles.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Don't care as long as they win. Stats are nice and all but the only thing hat counts is the W. Throwing for 200 or 300+ yards does not guarantee a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Don't care as long as they win. Stats are nice and all but the only thing hat counts is the W. Throwing for 200 or 300+ yards does not guarantee a win.
    +1

I think it's possible. If the Giants can establish the ground game early, it will definitely open things up for the pass. The Eagles look like they have a pretty decent defense. Think about it, they have 12 turnovers in 3 games and yet, they're 2-1. That says a lot about the defense keeping them in the game even though the offense is trying to blow it.

It's all going to come down to how the offensive line does(Captain Obvious to the rescue!). If they can keep Babin and Cole off of Eli and open some holes for Brandshaw and Brown, Eli will have a good game. I don't think, with the exception of DRC, that they can cover our receivers one on one and be successful.

over 400 ydds is my guess. Philly has a good defense, and the pass coverage on short to intermediate routes can be exceptional; which is why we will attack them vertically. we will attempt to run then PA deep. if thats not there, we'll go to a more spread/pass heavy option

no doubt Eli will throw on the egirls! with Nicks, Cruz, Bennett, Barden and Randle i suspect Eli will approach if not exceed the 300 yard game!

I expect Bennett to have a big game.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1