+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I believe Greg Schiano IS intentionally trying to cause injuries. Here's why:

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Did you even read my post? I didn't mention the Giants game once, and explained my reasoning.
    How exactly does my theory make no sense? Care to explain, or just interested in adding to your post count with a useless response?
    What can be gained by trying to cause an injury?
    Get well soon 80.

If he does it when down by more than 8 then his excuse for doing it wouldn't make any sense and it would be obvious why he has done it.

Right now, I have no doubt that he is trying to prevent future teams from kneeling on the ball.
    exactly why I said it. At least now he has reason. If he does it just to do it then he is a **** head...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Schiano's cementing of his spot in NFL history by being awarded *****hole of the year?

Did you even read my post? I didn't mention the Giants game once, and explained my reasoning.
    How exactly does my theory make no sense? Care to explain, or just interested in adding to your post count with a useless response?
    It makes no sense that a professional coach would set out to purposely injure players on the opposing team when the outcome of the game is no longer seriously in doubt. If you think that it does, then you are a nut.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    It makes no sense that a professional coach would set out to purposely injure players on the opposing team when the outcome of the game is no longer seriously in doubt. If you think that it does, then you are a nut.

An injury in the V formation is going to make coaches in future games question whether they want to kneel down against him or run an actual play. If teams are forced to run an actual play where their linemen aren't as vulnerable as they are in the V formation then Schiano increased his odds at causing a turnover by completely eliminating the kneel down for fear of injury. I don't think you fully read or even understood my post.

Don't you think if Romo or his center had their knee blown out on Sunday the next team that plays Schiano will think twice about kneeling on the ball?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Pretty sure I explained it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post

Completely agree.
    Get well soon 80.

The only thing he is doing now is covering his butt. If he let up after T.C. chewed him out on live TV he would look like the chump he really is. If his BS does in fact hurt someone, lets hope its someone from his OWN team.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

There IS a hard counter to the "cause injuries" motive, that I expect opposing teams to start doing now that Schiano has doubled down on rushing the kneeldown.

It's quite simple really: let your backups do the victory formation. If we had to face TB again, I could see us sending out Carr, put Diehl, Cordle, and Brewer in the middle to protect, and flank him with Scott and Wilson. Maybe line up some D-line depth on the O-line as well. Keep Jernigan behind them in the backfield to recover the ball if necessary. If our starters aren't even on the field, they can't get injured.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 09-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    The only thing he is doing now is covering his butt. If he let up after T.C. chewed him out on live TV he would look like the chump he really is. If his BS does in fact hurt someone, lets hope its someone from his OWN team.
    was thinking that too....makes sense
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread